Monday, January 21, 2019

My Top 10 Favorite Fragrances of this Winter(So Far)

Source: www.pixabay.com
Hey folks. Much love to all of my returning viewers and the new ones alike! Thank you for stopping by today. I am going to be covering my top 10 fragrances that I have worn/anticipate wearing this winter. I know we still have a bit of winter left, but there are my picks so far...Let's get into it!


10: Davidoff Amber Blend

Source: www.fragrantica.com
Davidoff Amber Blend is a beautiful almost Middle Eastern style fragrance with warm and vanillic amber and some spice with dry sandalwood. It also contains tolu balsam and rum. So, you can imagine it's balsamic and sort of dry which gives it a desert type fee/ I really like this one, but it is not easy to find on discounters.


9: CK One Shock



CK One Shock is a great cheapie. Around $20 for 200ML? Who cares if the performance isn't as good as it used to be? That is still dirt cheap. Sweet tobacco with cardamon and chocolately patchouli laying on a bed of warm and smooth amber. Such a beautiful fragrance. Gives off an almost cola vibe.

CK One Shock Review


8: Creed Royal Oud

Source: www.fragrantica.com

Timeless, elegant, and gentlemanly. This woody spicy fragrance with a sophisticated green vibe is great for dressing up in the winter. This fragrance is for confident men who know what they want. I haven't worn this one as much as I would like, but it's still one of my favorites.

Royal Oud Review


6: Parfums de Marly Herod

Source: www.fragrantica.com
This tobacco and spice monster always makes you feel warm and cozy. A great fragrance all around. It has some sweet vanilla in it to keep it interesting. I think this fragrance is best sitting by a warm fire wearing a sweater and drinking some hot chocolate while chatting with your friends. It just has that inviting feel to it.

Herod Review


5: Givenchy Gentleman EDP

Source: www.fragrantica.com

I just recently acquired this one. A full review will be in order soon. I won't go into much detail yet, but it has the balsamic vibe of Davidoff Amber Blend. This one is a bit sweeter and has orris(iris root) with some more spice and masculinity in it.


4:  Penhaligon's LP No 9

Source: www.fragrantica.com

This warm and cozy clove bomb is one of my favorites around the holidays. Outside of them too. The fragrance is so warm and inviting. It just smells like holiday spices. It's pretty dry, but I like it that way.

LP No 9 Review 


3: Mugler Pure Malt



This booze bomb never gets old. Whiskey, coffee, chocolate, and fruits make up this beautiful fragrance. Gourmand-ish and masculine. This one fits in anywhere and is still one of my favorite designer fragrances. Cuts through the cold like butter too.

Pure Malt Review


2: Genre Parfums Noble Soul

Thanks to Justin White for the picture again!

This sexy inspiration of Kilian Black Phantom is amazing. Like a piece of candy with a bit of chocolate powder, caramel, and rum. This one is a dream for chocolate lovers(which I am). Considering the price point for this, you can't go wrong. Right now I am wearing this one 2-3 times per week.

Noble Soul Review


1: Parfums de Marly Carlisle

Source: www.fragrantica.com
I have been raving about this one for a while. I love it. I still don't have a bottle and my sample is long gone, but if I had this one I would be wearing it 3-4 times per week. I can't get enough of this fragrance. It's not exactly the most niche fragrance, but it's still one of my great finds of 2018 and a full bottle will be in order soon. I will have to pick up a decant in the meantime.

Carlisle Review

Thanks for stopping by everyone. Be sure to hit that blue follow button on the right-hand side and sign up for email alerts so you will be notified when I post. Many thanks to all of you who keep me motivated to keep doing this every day!

Be sure to visit www.whatsmyscent.com to pick up some decants. Use the code MUSINGS10 to get 10% off your order! The code is valid until January 31st.


6 comments:

  1. PDM makes some amazing winter beauties.Creed Royal Oud is really nice too. Great list my friend. Been wanting to check out Givenchy Gentleman EDP.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Givenchy Gentleman EDP is pretty legit. I got it from Mark. He has them for a reasonable price. PdM does make some winter bangers for sure. I haven't tried any of their warmer weather fragrances yet.

      Delete
  2. Sweet list John! I've been wanting the Givenchy Gentleman for a while. One day I'll have it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet list John! I've been wanting the Givenchy Gentleman for a while. One day I'll have it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, brother. It's a good one. Sephora has it if you want to smell it.

      Delete
  4. where can i buy genre parfums? thanks

    ReplyDelete