Saturday, January 26, 2019

FragComm Friday: Carlos Colom

Carlos and his wife, Aixa

Hey ladies and gentleman! I hope everyone is having a fantastic day and you are in good health and spirits! I am starting a new series that will come out every Friday called "FragComm Fridays". These posts will be short interviews with people in the FragComm. It will include group admins in the Facebooks groups, Youtubers, bloggers, business owners, perfumers, and just generally well known and kind people from the FragComm. I thought it would be a good way to learn about each other and spread some positive vibes through the FragComm.

I cannot take full credit for this idea. Carlos Colom helped me come up with it. So, I thought it was fitting to interview him first and give him credit for it.

Carlos is my closest friend in the FragComm and one of the top 3 nicest and kindest guys I have ever met. He was my first friend in the FragComm and he checks up on me at least every other day to be sure that I am doing okay. He is always down to talk about anything with me, even though most of our conversations revolve around finding cheapies that no one knows about or finding something that we think each other would love. He has become a brother to me and I love him for that.

You don't know how much your friendship has meant to me, hermano. Words cannot describe it. Thank you so much for helping me get into this FragComm thing.


The Interview


Me: What was your first fragrance?


Carlos: Drakkar Noir and Futuros by Mauboussin.

Me: What is your favorite fragrance?


Carlos: I don't have a clear favorite. Zegna Milan, Roberto Cavalli Uomo, Bvlgari Man in Black Essence, Baldessarini Ultimate, Animale Animale, and Police Icon Intense. Those make me feel great wearing them.

Me: What is your favorite smell that you wish they would capture in a fragrance?


Carlos: Most smells that I like there's already a scent with it.

Me: What is your favorite memory with a fragrance?


Carlos: I started collecting when I was 16 when I started driving and going out. Stooped when my mom died. I lost the interest in it. I didn't buy another fragrance until like 4 or five years ago when my best friend died. We used to go fragrance buying together when we were teens to impress the girls. His death triggered childhood memories of better times. Subscribed to YT channels that were about stuff we did back then. G.I. Joes and He-Man toys. 80s movies we used to rent on VHS and fragrances. Fragrance collecting won. 

Me: Around how many fragrances do you have in your collection?


Carlos: More than 300. I keep them boxed in an extra room I have so my wife doesn't know how many actually there are. 

Me: Which fragrance Youtuber influences you the most?


Carlos
Ashton because his group was the first one and only for a while I ever participated or posted on. He is cool as hell. Chad from A Gentleman's Journey. Not only on his views on fragrances but as a member of the community. He is always looking out for all the other YTbers and working with them and giving them bottles to try and stuff like that. I BARELY see he getting the love and appreciation back. Joy Amin because he is humble. Your Two Scents and Dollars and Scents for their great content. Ifishares and My two Scents cause I know their tastes in fragrances, they've been friends since before they started their channels. Carlos of BFL and Mr. SILLAGE...cause they are/were/will always be family. Oh and Musings of a Fraghead when I wanna read a nice blog. 😊

Me: What do you wish to see the fragrance community become?


Carlos: I wish the snobbery and trolling ended and that there were more interesting threads than what to wear for a wedding or a job interview or a date. Ultimately, you like what you like and not what others say. 

Me: What do you think is the best and worst thing about the fragrance community?


Carlos: I wish we'd all realize that fragrance collecting should be fun. Lose the fun and why do it?  Niche is lovely but I like the challenge of smelling great with less. With a lot of money, anyone can look or smell great. Smelling clean will never go out of fashion.

Me: What is your favorite fragrance that your wife hates?

Carlos: Wy wife HAAATES Stash by Sarah Jessica Parker. 


Thank you so much for taking the time to help me out with this, Carlos! I hope everyone enjoyed this. If you'd like to support my work you can hit that blue follow button at the right-hand side. If you need any help with navigating my blog, then feel free to email me or message me on Facebook and I will be more than happy to assist you. I hope everyone has a great night!

Need some decants? Hit up 
www.whatmyscent.com and use the code: MUSINGS10 to get 10% off your order. The customer service is great over there and you will be happy with your purchase. 

8 comments:

  1. Love Carlos and Great Interview !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol! This was great John. And thank you Carlos Colon for sharing more about yourself. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! He basically came up with the idea. I just tweaked it a bit.

      Delete
  3. "Smelling clean will never go out of fashion.
    "...say it again please.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I have said that several times myself :)

      Delete