Thursday, January 24, 2019

Givenchy Gentleman EDP Review

Source: www.fragrantica.com

Good evening everyone! Much love to all of my returning views and all of the new ones! I hope everyone is doing well. If you would be so kind as to hit the blue follow button on the right-hand side then I would be most appreciative of it. Tonight I will be reviewing a fragrance released in 2018, Givenchy Gentleman EDP. I think it is just now getting recognition because of the cooler weather. Buckle up folks, let's get into it!


Notes

Top 
Black Pepper, Lavender, Bergamot

Mid
Orris Root(Iris), Cloves, Cinnamon

Base
Patchouli, Black Vanilla, Tolu Balsam, Benzoin, Tonka Bean


Presentation


I only have a decant of this, but the bottle is black and looks heavy. Also, I hear the cap clicks into place. My decant is from Mark at www.myfragrancesamples.com


The Scent 


Opening 


This fragrance opens up sweet and balsamic with some warm spice. It's quite rich. The Iris is the powerhouse here. It is lipsticky, but not to the point that Dior Homme is. So, it's not as powdery and you won't smell like makeup. The tolu balsam gives off a bit of the sweet ambery vibe.

Dry Down

The dry down brings in some chocolate vibes from the patchouli. It's similar to the type in Mugler's A*Men, but not nearly as strong. The vanilla and tolu balsam is still strong, along with the iris. The vanilla is no doubt amplified by the tonka bean. I get some more of the warm spices like cloves and cinnamon than others are reporting along with the black pepper. The pepper is mild and warm. It's not sneeze-worthy at all. So, what you end up getting is iris, sweet vanilla, with some ambery nuances accented by warming spices.

Performance

The performance is decent for me. Around 7-8 hours on the skin with 2 of those being projection. It does leave a nice sillage trail. For the price of this one, it's not a bad performer and you can certainly get much worse.

When to Wear it

This one is way too sweet to wear in anything but late fall and winter. It's more of a night time fragrance to my nose. but it could work during the day. This is a seductive fragrance that is a good option for a date. This fragrance has class and allure and should be worn when you want to exemplify that.


Overall Impression

I agree with some other reviews that this is one of the best releases of 2018. However, I have not smelled all of them yet. It's sweet, seductive, and it does its job well. It's a very solid release and well worth it once it hits discounters.

 I get the comparisons to Valentino Uomo Intense and Dior Homme Intense, but this is still a different fragrance. I like it better than those two. The warm spices really set this one apart for me. It just seems like a fragrance with more depth than the other two. It's more intriguing. It does share a very slight similarity to the balsamic feel of Davidoff Amber Blend, but only in a minor fashion. I do believe Amber Blend is a better fragrance than this one, but that is just my opinion.

I hope you enjoyed the article. Thank you all for supporting me thus far. Have a great day and keep smelling fantastic!

If you are looking to pick up some cheap decants then go hit up www.whatsmyscent.com and use MUSINGS10 for 10% off your order. The code is good until January 31st. Happy shopping!





2 comments:

  1. My most favorite fragrance is Givenchy cologne. I have been using this Givenchy gentlemen cologne last one year, really this is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete