Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Al-Rehab and Nabeel First Impressions

The Dead Sea. Source: www.pixabay.com

Hello, ladies and gentleman! Thanks for coming back and visiting my blog! Much love to all of you! This past week my friend, Carlos Colom decided to give me a birthday present and with it, I decided to dip my toes into some Arabic fragrances. I went cheap to start and ease my way into it, so I decided on two from Nabeel and two from Al-Rehab. You can find all of these on eBay for anywhere between 4-6 USD. Sorry for the bad photos ahead of time. I will take better ones for the full review. I am also not going to list notes and go into detail, I will save those for the full reviews. Let's get into it!




Al-Rehab Shaikhah



This stuff is potent. When you first apply it I would suggest not sniffing it too closely. I did and it made me cough. Very medicinal oud and sweet rose right off the top. This fragrance has a very long dry down. In about an hour you will see the magic happen. That first hour is pretty harsh though. It turns into a dry woody fragrance when the medicinal oud tames down. Add a bit of spicy saffron and cardamom and you have a nice warm fragrance. If you can get through the first hour, then this one is nice.

Al-Rehab Sultan Al Oud


This one has a much more pleasant opening than Shaikhah. The oud is woody and smoky and only slightly medicinal.  It has some good spice to it to keep it warm. It has some nice vanilla in there as well to make it sweet. A very comforting and warm fragrance that is very oriental.


Nabeel King of Sultan


This one doesn't have oud in it. It's citruses and herbs to me. Sweet, fresh, and herbal. I get a lot of lime and herbs from this one. I haven't given it a full wearing yet since it seems like a warm weather fragrance, but it has promise for sure.


Nabeel Macho Man



Macho Man is supposed to be a clone of Tom Ford's Tuscan Leather. It does smell a lot like it with amped up sweetness from the raspberry. However, the rollerball didn't want to turn very well, so I am not sure if I applied enough to really get a feel for it. Hopefully, I can figure out how to get it to work better later.


Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoyed it. Thank you to all of my new followers. If you would be so kind as to click the blue follow button then I would be very appreciative of it! Also feel free to share my content anywhere! 



Get good deals on decants here. Use my code MUSINGS10 until January 31st to get 10% off your order!

Join the Musings of the Fragheads FB Group here!





6 comments:

  1. Yes! Excellent review! Great details as always. And one of my Nabeel roll on applicator bottles did not work either. I had them to ship me another one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't get mine from Nabeel. Where did you get yours? Maybe I should contact the seller on eBay?

      Delete
    2. I bought a few as well. I didn't care for, except Nabeel 713. Of course, you know how much I love Macho man. Neil

      Delete
  2. Yes! Excellent review! Great details as always. And one of my Nabeel roll on applicator bottles did not work either. I had them to ship me another one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job. I have heard a little bit of these houses but yet to experience them. With a name like Macho man I'm expecting flying elbows from above. OHHHHHH YEAH!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, it's nice. I contacted the seller about a new one since mine is defective. Hopefully I can get one that works.

      Delete