Thursday, January 3, 2019

Avon Blue Rush Intense Review


Hello ladies and gentleman! I hope this day finds everyone in good health and very blessed. Today I am covering a fragrance by a company that quite honestly is known for making generic fragrances. However, I believe this one, Avon Blue Rush Intense, is pretty decent.

Presentation

It comes it a dark blue glass bottle with a cheap plastic cap. Blue Rush Intense is inscribed on the top of the cap. The atomizer works fine. If you look at the inside of the bottle at the base, you can see this water ripple type effect. Overall, I think it's a pretty cool bottle, even if it's not a high-quality one.


Notes

Top
Kiwi, Bergamot, Clementine

Mid
Lavender, Geranium, Water Notes

Base
Cedar, Sandalwood, Vetiver

Scent

Opening
This fragrance opens with a blast of kiwi, clementine, and water notes. The vetiver comes into play as well. It gives it this whole deep ocean feel. It smells like it has depth, unlike many of the Avon fragrances that I have smelled. It's fresh, but it also has some depth to it. This fragrance also has an ozonic feel because of the water notes.

Dry Down
On the dry down, this fragrance is a pretty nice casual aquatic. Still maintaining depth, but more of the woods come out in the phase. It still smells like the deep waters of the ocean, but with a bit more character now. The lavender is used beautifully in creating this sensation.

Longevity
I get around 6 hours with this one. 1 1/2 to 2 hours of projection (about 3 feet), then it nestles to the skin. This is pretty decent considering I get 2-3 hours from most Avon fragrances, although it's still not impressive. It's just okay. It does leave a decent sillage trail as well.

When to Wear
This fragrance is for the summer. It could also get by in spring, but it's best suited for summer. It could be worn in the daytime or at night. Casually only, as most aquatics are.

Overall Impression
It's good, but not great. It is one of the top 3 Avon fragrances I have smelled for men. I have smelled a bunch too. My mom used to work for Avon so, I have around 20 fragrances from them. It's deep, has some character and is great for casual wear. This one was worth the purchase price for me. Sadly, it is discontinued now and near impossible to find. If you do find it, the prices are outrageous. It's worth around $25 to me, so if you can find it around that then give it a shot. Not many collectors will have this one.

Thank you once again for the support! It means a lot. Welcome to all of my new followers! I hope you enjoy my reviews! Until next time I hope everyone stays blessed!

The giveaway is still going on until Saturday, January5, 2019 at 5pm EST. So, if you want to get in on that, check it out here:
https://musingsofafraghead.blogspot.com/2019/01/myfragrancesamplescom-review-and.html

3 comments:

  1. These days, John, how do we buy Avon? I do have a doorbell but I do not know who the Avon Lady is around here to come and ring my chimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another Avon comment (I just read the part about your mother). Around 1970, I found an after-shave balm (the first I had ever seen) from Avon. The bottle reminded me of an Old Spice bottle (opaque glass maybe). It had a nice scent, and maybe it was Wild Country but I have no idea. I bought it for many years because the alcohol type after-shave hurt me badly. I had very sensitive skin, not so bad now but it was awful back then. Maybe your mom has some idea of the name of their oldest balm for men.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wild Country is a nice one too. It's a barbershop fragrance that is similar to Stetson. You can go on Avon's website to purchase them or search for alocal Avon rep from your area on there as well.

      Delete