Friday, January 4, 2019

My 5 Least Favorite Fragrances in My Collection

Image source: www.pixabay.com

Hello ladies and gentleman! I hope everyone is having a fantastic day. Today I am going to cover my 5 least favorite fragrance in my collection. I have around 85-90 fragrances right now and these are ones that I regretted blind buying or I just never wear them. Let's get into it!


Number 5: Burberry Weekend


This one is at number 5 because it's not a bad fragrance, it's just okay. I just never find myself reaching for this one very often. As you can see from the fragrance level in the picture...I have tried to love this one, but I just can't. Which is sad to me because I love Burberry, but this one just doesn't do it for me. The ivy note just throws me off every time and I worry about people thinking I smell like a citronella candle. On a side note...I wonder if this fragrance would repel mosquitoes? Further testing will be needed in the summer 😋



Number 4: Avon Tomorrow for Him



This is admittedly one of the better Avon fragrances as far as quality goes. However, I had had this bottle for probably 8 years now and look at the juice level. It's because it has anise and licorice in it. Which I really dislike. I can handle a little licorice smells in the background, but it's front and center in this one. Just not my cup of tea. It would probably be nice for someone who enjoys those notes. The cocoa and amber are nice in it though.


Number 3: Coty Aspen


This is not a bad fragrance. It's good even. It's only like 8 bucks as well. However, I never reach for it because I have a decant of Green Irish Tweed and Tres Nuit. I also just received an inspiration of GIT from Genre Parfums. So, I have even less of a reason to wear it now. It's just redundant in my collection and it can't compete with any of those other 3. It is a good fragrance that you can just spray and go, but ultimately it just doesn't win out for me. Even though the take on GIT is a more foresty one, which I do enjoy. It's just not something I think of when I am picking out my fragrances, so that means it doesn't have a big impact on me.


Number 2: Avon Black Suede

Old formulation on the left. New one on the right
This fragrance has somewhat of a cult following to it. I actually like this one. I just never wear it because it leans mature. The old formulation on the left is a bottle I have had since high school in the early 2000s/ My mom sold Avon, as I stated before, so I wore this in high school. I haven't really touched it since I got into collecting fragrances. The new formulation is nice. It still leans mature to me, but I do wear it every now and then. It's smoother than the old one. So, for clarity's sake, the one on this list is the old formulation which I don't care for anymore.


Number 1: Victorinox Swiss Army Forest

Alright, this one...I was so excited to get this one. It was a blind buy. A fragrance that an outdoor company made to smell like a forest? Awesome! I got it and sprayed it. It was synthetic, but it still smelled okay, so I was still down with it. Then came the dry down...The foresty quality left and it turned into this gross Irish Spring type shower gel. Very synthetic and cheap smelling. Don't get me wrong, I love the smell of Irish Spring, but this...It was just torture to my nose. Unfortunately, this fragrance is rather strong and has good projection and longevity, so even scrubbing it off hardly helped. I don't usually bash fragrances very often, but this one was just a complete mess. Maybe you will get a different vibe. It has some good reviews on Fragrantica. To each their own, but this one is certainly not for me. I might do a review on this house at some point. I also ordered their Rock fragrance, which I don't care for. The sprayer sticks on that one(Rock) and the glued symbol came off it in shipping. Very poor quality control. So, I caution you to try out samples from this house before buying a full bottle.


I hope everyone enjoyed the review! Sorry that this one was a bit more negative than most of my reviews. I hope everyone has a good day! Hitting that blue follow button or +1'ing the article really helps my content get noticed so I would be very appreciative if you did!

The giveaway for the $50 gift voucher to myfragrancesamples.com is still going on until Saturday, January 5th, until 5 PM. Here is a link if you want to get in on it:http://musingsofafraghead.blogspot.com/2019/01/myfragrancesamplescom-review-and.html





5 comments:

  1. Hahaha! That Swiss Army Forrest sounds pretty bad! :D
    I see you've had/ have quite a few Avon, what do you think of Wild Country?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like it, but I don't own it since I think it's redundant if you have Stetson.

      Delete
  2. Aramis Devin and Alexander McQueen's Kingdom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't beleive anything from Avon or Coty being anything other than swill. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Avon has a few decent fragrances. None are outstanding to me though. There are a few I consider "wearable"

      Delete