Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Affordable Niche: Pierre Guillaume L'Ombre Fauve Review

Source: www.fragrantica.com

Hello, ladies and gentleman! Welcome back! Much love to all of the new faces and old ones alike. Today, I have a fragrance that not many have probably heard of, L'ombre Fauve by Pierre Guillaume. This is actually Mark Mobley's favorite fragrance and he sent me a sample pf it with my last order. Let's get into it!


Notes

Woodsy Notes, Patchouli, Incense, Amber, Musk


The Scent

Opening


This fragrance opens with some dusty amber and warm and animalic musk, similar to civet. There is some smokiness and incense in there as well. It is slightly sweet which could be caused by a vanilla accord in the amber or the patchouli. I am not totally sure which, but I am leaning more towards the amber being responsible. It is quite strong on the opening, but not too offputting, at least not to me.

Dry Down

The dry down gets a bit tamer. The incense, smoke, slight sweetness, and musk join up with some dry, woody, and earthy patchouli to form a very warm and inviting scent. It harkens forth an image of a small furry forest creature, similar to a fox, curled up by a fireplace after a day of playing in the woods.

Performance

Longevity is really good. I get around 9 hours as a skin scent. 2-3 hours of those as projection. The sillage trail is really nice and cozy and leaves a strong trail behind you. Even after the projections this one still stays about 8 inches off the skin. Really good performance.

When to Wear it

This fragrance is best in the fall and winter. As I said before, it's very warm and inviting. It's also very rich. It would be too cloying for the warmer months. This fragrance can be worn casually or formally. It would be a great date night fragrance as well, since it draws you in.


Overall Impression

I can see why Mark loves this scent so much. It's not my favorite fragrance ever, but it is certainly a very good one. For only having 5 notes, this one has a ton of depth and character. The performance is great. The price is fair for a niche. A 50ml will run you about $125 at Lucky Scent. Perhaps, you can you find it cheaper on eBay. Personally, I think $125 for a fragrance that smells this natural is a really good deal and I would consider paying full retail for it. I like it that much. I do suggest buying a decant from Mark before committing to a full bottle. This is animalic and won't be pleasing to everyone.


That's it for today, folks! I hope you enjoyed this review as much as I did writing it! Hit teat blue follow button if you want to support my work! Much love to all of you! Remember to say a kind word today. It could be just what someone needs to hear!


Buy L'Ombre Fauve decants here

Buy a full bottle here (on backorder at the time of this article)

Jojn the Musings of the Fragheads Facebook Group here

2 comments:

  1. I'm just trying to figure out how it could NOT be your favoite fragrance ever. SMH;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha. It's certainly a great one and full bottle worthy. I still have a love affair with GIT for now :)

      Delete