Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Top 5 Dating Fragrances

Source: www.pixabay.com
Hey folks! I am thankful that y'all could join me once again. I hope everyone is in good health and smelling fantastic! Today I am going to cover my top 5 fragrances for dates in my collection. These are not my top 5 overall ones. Just the ones I currently own. Let's get into it!


Number 5: Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit De l'Homme

Source: www.fragrantica.com

You literally cannot make a date fragrance list and exclude this one. This spicy and creamy cardamon with lavender fragrance is at the forefront of our minds when we think of dating. It works, women love it. It's dark, mysterious, and alluring. It's a best seller for that reason. It's not quite as good as it used to be, but still very solid. It's just a very played out fragrance, so that is why I put it at number 5. I only have a decant of it because I only wear it specifically for dates. This fragrance is better not being a projection monster in my opinion. It makes your date want to come in closer to get a better sniff. date fragrances aren't typically projection monsters, even though one on my list is.


Number 4: Valentino Uomo

Source: www.fragrantica.com

This is actually one of my most complimented fragrances. As you saw in my full review, I only had 8 MLs of it, so I didn't wear it a ton. It's spicy, gourmand, and slightly soapy. A nice safe fragrance for a date, especially in the fall with its hazelnut note.


Number 3: Reyane Traditions Insurrection Pure II



Yes, you could substitute this for Aventus or CDNIM. Even though I think it trends more towards Mancera Cedrat Boise. It's still a great quality fragrance that can be had for pennies(around $20). I had to include some sort of warmer weather one in this list, so this is my pick for that. The vanilla seems to be more prominent here than in the batches of Aventus that I have smelled, so that is why I prefer this one over those for dates in the summer. This one projects pretty well, but it doesn't become cloying or too much.


Number 2: Burberry London




Nothing says "cuddle me" more than this fragrance. If it's in the fall, then this fragrance just makes sense. You can get the sensation of wet leaves falling from the trees. You can also get port wine. Sometimes I even get a Christmas tree smell. It's a fragrance that seems to invoke different memories every time I smell it. It's a bit dark and spicy. It's alluring and women tend to love it. It's not a projection monster, so it draws people in, which is what you want if you like your date.


Number 1: Lacoste Pour Homme




Yes, I know. I talked about this one yesterday. However, I do think it's a great dating fragrance. It works well year-round, except if it's a particularly hot summer night. I would opt for Insurrection Pure II then. It's sexy, sweet, a little dark, and alluring. I have worn this one on countless dates and I have never been told that I smell bad. I have only been told I smell good with this one twice(on dates) though. That might be due to "first date nerves" though, I don't know.  However, I think it fits the bill perfectly and this is a very overlooked fragrance.



I hope you enjoyed this one! Remember to hit the blue follow button at the right-hand side to support my work. You can also +1 my content on Google if you'd like. Any type of support is very much appreciated. Have a great day everyone and keep smelling amazing!

2 comments:

  1. Insurrection pure II is a solid cheapy. I prefer this over most Aventus clones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, it's decent, but I think it leans more in the CB clone category because of the vanilla. Still a solid cheapie for sure though

      Delete