Monday, January 14, 2019

5 Fragrances You Should Try

Image source: www.pixabay.com

Hello ladies and gentleman! Sorry that I have not posted in a few days. I somehow contracted an infection and the antibiotics have been whooping my tail. So, I haven't been feeling well. I should be back to normal posting in a week or less. Depending on when I feel better. Today I have for you 5 fragrances that you need to try. Some of these have plenty of haters and discourage people from buying them and some of them are relatively unknown. These aren't fragrances in every collector's collection. They are not in numerical order. Let's get into it!


Honorable Mention: Anything from Genre Parfums, DUA, or Alexandria Fragrances



Hany, Mahsam, and Devin are doing work at creating these cones for affordable prices. They have many haters, but to deny the number of people who love these inspirations would be criminal. There is certainly a market for us po' folks who can't afford to drop $500 on 30ml of Roja Dove Amber Aoud. Also, for people who just don't want to spend that much on fragrances when they can get something similar at a tiny fraction of the cost.

Now, I have not tried anything from DUA yet, but I hear good things and he does replicate some of the discontinued and hard to find stuff. He is a bit pricier than the other two, but he does have more offerings as well.

Alexandria is one of my favorite houses. Hany does a lot of good work for the community and is a very generous man. Always polite to his fans and rewards them frequently. I only have Mr. Sillage from him, but I look forward to trying more.

Genre Parfums is the up and comer that I just did two reviews on. This would be my choice on the price alone, but I just like Devin's style more. $25 for 30ml and $45 for 60ml...You can't beat that for something that smells like a niche.

All three houses are good though, so order from the ones you like. Don't let the haters tell you that they make these fragrances in bathtubs. They don't. As far as the quality of oils used, I can't say. My nose is not developed enough to tell the difference. I can only tell synthetic versus natural. They smell good, that is what matters.


Number 5: Dsquared² He Wood Rocky Mountain Wood


I hear this one smells a bit like Mancera Wind Wood. I have not smelled Wind Wood, but it makes sense with the violet and cedar dominance in both fragrances. I don't often use the term "niche quality" like some others do, but this is niche quality. It's unique, dark, and relaxing. Dark and relaxing in the same sentence? Yep. Like a forest after a rainstorm while it's still cloudy out.

Rocky Mountain Wood Review

Number 4: Hollister Wave


This fragrance's quality surprised me. Being that is from Hollister, a company that is marketed towards teenagers and young adults. Its presentation is quite nice, along with the fragrance itself. Yuzu, driftwood, salt, bamboo, and lavender. Very fresh and uplifting. I don't think many people know about this one. Look at the juice level. I wear this one a good bit in the summer.

Hollister Wave Review


Number 3: Penhaligon's LP No 9

Source: www.fragrantica.com
A great fragrance for the holidays. This clove heavy fragrance is a thing of beauty if you enjoy cloves. Smells like Christmas and was my SOTD on Christmas and Thanksgiving. Not everyone know about this house and those that do don't really know about this fragrance, so it's very far from mainstream.

LP No 9 Review


Number 2: Lacoste Pour Homme


One of the better fragrances from a somewhat obscure house. Plum, vanilla, and rum with some apple and cinnamon. That is what you need to know about this one. It's a beautiful fragrance that is pretty versatile to wear all year long, except on hot summer days.  I have been talking about this one for a while now. This is the fragrance that made me start getting into fragrances.


Number 1: Paris Hilton Just Me



This one isn't unique. You will be able to tell the DNA right away. It's an ADG clone. However, unlike Perry Ellis 360 Red...This one has no added cinnamon note. It still has cloves and nutmeg though, but they are at the back, not the front. So, if you want a cheap ADG alternative and don't find the cinnamon in 360 Red to be a good fit, then try this one out. The performance is good, but not quite as good as 360 Red.

Thank you once again! Hit the blue follow button at the right-hand side to support my work. Hopefully I feel up to posting again tomorrow or later today. Until next time, I hope everyone has a great day! 




7 comments:

  1. Good job spotlighting some fragrances that not a lot of people talk about. Penahaligon is a great house and their bottles are really nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, not many can match the pedigree of Penhaligon's. They have two royal warrants and have been around for like 200 years.

      Delete
  2. Very nice list! Though I'm not very familiar with 4 and 5. I have Lacoste. I'm glad for your #1 pick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice list! Though I'm not very familiar with 4 and 5. I have Lacoste. I'm glad for your #1 pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are good ones. If you don't like the beachy vibe fragrance you won't like Hollister Wave though

      Delete
  4. I'm a big fan of Alexandria Fragrances. I got into niche last year and probably had about 40 bottles before I tried Alexandria. Their fragrances are a little more linear but they capture the best part. As of October I have 35 of Alexandria's fragrances and I'm at the point that that's all I need. I can hardly tell the difference between Roja Dove Amber Aoud and Burj Khalifa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice, man. I need to try more Alexandrias. I just don't have teh funds to do it right now

      Delete