Thursday, October 25, 2018

Surprising Sleepers 2: Dsquared² He Wood Rocky Mountain Wood


Greetings ladies and Gentleman! I hope this day finds you in good healthy and fabulously fragrant! I have another "Surprising SleeperS" episode for you today. Today I will be covering Dsquared² He Wood Rocky Mountain Wood (I will be calling it RMW from here on out, that name is just so long!).

Now, I will start by stating that I did not find this fragrance on my own. Joy Amin (A great Youtuber who covers a plethora of fragrances in his videos) did a review on this one and influenced me to try it. I still don't think anyone else is really talking about it. I still consider it a sleeper because of that.

RMW comes in a nice squared bottle with a dark wooden shell (I guess that is what you call that?) on the outside and the fragrance name etched into the side, a black plastic cap, and a beautiful grayish green juice. The cap is cheap, but the bottle looks really nice. The atomizer is of a decent quality.

Notes:

Top- White Pepper, Lily, Violet
Mid- Vetiver, Incense
Base- Cedarwood, Amber, Musk

This is what I get from it. There are a few different resources that list different things.

RMW opens up with dark vetiver and a hint of florals, mostly violet and a touch of spiciness from the pepper. About 20 minutes in the vetiver tames itself and the beautiful violet note comes out. This isn't the powdery kind of violet. It is the ozonic type. After that, you get some smoky incense and cedar for the dry down with a hint of violet in the background and some vetiver lingering around. Also in the base, you get this type of mineral amber accord, that smells like a rock(I guess that is why they call it Rocky Mountain Wood).  It smells like a walk through a forest, right after the rain. It does lean on the darker side though and the ozonic feel adds to that. It is very natural smelling.  The violet note in this fragrance takes it above and beyond. It is unique and as Joy Amin says, this is truly a niche quality fragrance.

This fragrance lasts about 9 hours on me, but it sits close to the skin. This fragrance is meant to have class and not to be intrusive. It just adds to the beauty of this fragrance. It does project for an hour or two and leaves a decent sillage trail for most of its lifespan.

This fragrance is best suited for early spring/winter, but it can be pulled off in the fall as well. It's certainly a cooler weather fragrance.

My overall impression of this fragrance is that it is a true sleeper. It really is an expensive smelling fragrance that performs and is unique. It is also quite cheap, around $25 for 50 ML on Fragrancenet. You won't find many fragrances with quality like this in that price range, outside of maybe Encre Noir, which is in the same ballpark as this one.

https://www.fragrancenet.com/cologne/dsquared2/he-wood-rocky-mountain/edt#197878

I want to thank all of you for the support you have shown me once again! It really means a lot! Be sure to hit the blue follow button if you want to support my work or leave your email at the top of the page to receive updates when I post.

Also, check out Joy Amin's Youtube. He's very passionate and a classy guy. He explores tons of fragrances that people don't know about.

Joy's Channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQXf2ConvI79TbrUlI3198A

Joy's review on Rocky Mountain Wood
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9PECfc5eNw

5 comments:

  1. Nice John! I'm really diggin your blog reviews! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Btw, may I share your blog site on my Facebook page?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure thing. I would love to get some more exposure :)

      Delete
  3. Btw, may I share your blog site on my Facebook page?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice John! I'm really diggin your blog reviews! :D

    ReplyDelete