Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Bond No 9 The Scent of Peace Review

This image is not owned by me. It is used for reference only. All credit goes to the original photographer.

hello everyone! I hope this Halloween finds you in good health and merry. Today I have a review for one of my favorite Bond No 9 fragrances, The Scent of Peace. This fragrance is aptly named. As always, if yo u want to support my work hit the blue follow button at the top right. Thanks!

I was sent a decent of this one from a friend of mine. I wasn't super impressed with it at first, but that is probably because he sent me a sample of PdM Carlisle in the same package. After a few wearings, I started to really appreciate this fragrance.

Notes:
Top- Pineapple, Juniper Berries, Bergamot
Mid- Currant Buds
Base- Vetiver, Cedar

This fragrance is a juniper bomb to me. A very fresh and clean pleasing juniper with some pineapple and a bit of refined cedar in the background. Also a slight touch of green vetiver. I don't really know what currant buds smell like, but I do get a slight vibe of blackcurrant in this, but it's faint. This fragrance is really uplifting and peaceful, as the name implies.

I get about 8 hours out of this and an hour and a half of projection. However, it has around a 2-foot scent bubble around you for at least 6 hours and then settles to a skin scent before fading away. As you probably guessed from the scent bubble, it leaves a really nice sillage trail.

I have seen some people compare this to Aventus because of the pineapple and cedar. I don't get an Aventus vibe at all from this one. This is just fresh, clean, sweet, fruity, and green with a slightly woody backbone.

This fragrance is good for the spring and summer, mostly in the daytime. I don't see this fitting as a nighttime fragrance. The notes are too light. This one is safe for work and casual situations. I wouldn't wear it formally.

A great fragrance release from the house of Bond No 9 and one of their better ones for me. It's not groundbreaking or anything, but it is a great fragrance that most people will enjoy, as long as you like juniper.

You can get 50ML of this for around $110, which isn't a bad price in my opinion:
https://www.fragrancenet.com/cologne/bond-no.-9/bond-no.-9-the-scent-of-peace/eau-de-parfum#252450

That's it for today. Happy Halloween and be safe out there folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment