Thursday, November 1, 2018

Bvlgari Man in Black vs Bentley for Men Intense



Good morning everyone! I hope everyone had a safe and festive Halloween! Today I have a comparison between two fragrances that I see compared quite often and I wanted to answer the question...are they redundant? The short answer is no...

Let's take a look at the notes for each one first:

Bvlgari Man in Black:

Top- Tobacco, Spices, Rum
Mid- Leather, Tuberose, Iris
Base- Guaiac Wood, Benzoin, Tonka Bean

Bentley for Men Intense:

Top- Bergamot, Black Pepper, Bay Leaf
Mid- Clary Sage, Geranium, Cinnamon, Rum, Woody Notes
Base- Leather, Patchouli, Incense, Cedar, Benzoin

Now, as you see they both have rum and are spicy wood-based fragrances. They do not smell similar to my nose, but they can be used for some of the same situations.

Smell:

Bvlgari Man in Black(MiB for short from this point on) is a super spicy fragrance with a bit of rum and amber laying on a base of wood. It opens spicy and stays spicy through the life of the fragrance. The only real evolution to my nose is it gets a bit woodier on the dry down with a slight touch of sweetness.

Bentley for Men Intense(BMI from this point on) is more of a leathery rum fragrance with a bit of smoky incense and some cinnamon and pepper for spice. It opens really powerfully on the rum and leather notes, then dries down to a woody fragrance with incense and a bit of spice.

Longevity:

Both of these fragrances last a long time on my skin, but I would say BMI wins in this category. It projects a lot further and lasts about 2 hours longer on me. They both do very well in this category though.

Versatility:

BMI is a dressed up fragrance for me. For suit and ties and possibly business casual only. It has a lot more class and sophistication than MiB.

BMI is more along the lines of a niche fragrance and MiB is closer to a designer, so MiB is more of a mass appealer than BMI.

MiB wins this category because I think it can be worn casually, but not super casually. It can be used for dates as well, where BMI might be too polarizing for that.

Overall:

So, are they redundant? No, I think they both have a unique character and do not smell alike, they are only in the same category of woody-spicy fragrances. Both are a steal at their price point. If I had to choose one or the other I would go with BMI. I just like it's complexity more.

That's it for today folks. If you have any questions feel free to comment below. As always, if you like this content hit that blue follow button to let me know if you want to see more comparisons.

Have a great day everyone!

Bvlgari Man in Black full review:
https://musingsofafraghead.blogspot.com/2018/10/bvlgari-man-in-black-review.html

No comments:

Post a Comment