Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Surprising Sleepers 4: Playboy London

Image sourced from Fragrantica.com

Hello ladies and gentleman! I hope today finds you in good health and joyful. Today I am covering a fragrance that I think is pretty decent for its price point, Playboy London. Yes, Playboy. I don't agree with the magazine either, but this is just a fragrance. So, let's get into it!



Presentation


Playboy London comes in a basic glass bottle with a navy blue sticker going around the bottle. One side features the Playboy bunny with the Union Jack (the UK flag) on it. The opposite side has a sketch in gold of Big Ben and the London Bridge and featuring the fragrance name and company in gold on it.

The cap is a cheap plastic and has an engraved Playboy bunny on the top. The atomizer is pretty bad, but it gets the job done.

Overall, I like the presentation. The sketches on the back are pretty cool.



Notes


Top- Pink Grapefruit, Mandarin, Galbanum

Mid- Rose, Cinnamon, Brandy, Toscanol(a molecule that is a substitute for herbals) 

Base- Tonka Bean, Virginian Cedar



  • Scent

    London opens up with orange and something creamy, so I am guessing that is the tonka bean. Being closely followed by some brandy and cinnamon. I get a little greenness underneath it with some soft cedar.

    The fragrance only lasts about 5 hours on me. It projects for about an hour. The scent bubble is maybe about 3 feet off the skin for the first 2 hours, after that, it is a skin scent.

    Overall it smells pretty good. Considering this was only $5 for 50ML. You can get this over a can of Axe or Old Spice and it smells much better. This doesn't smell expensive, but it doesn't smell like something you would pay 5 bucks for. Smells maybe like something in the 40-50 dollar range. Which is much better than a can of Axe. So, if you forgot your decants while you are visiting the family during the holidays, this is a decent one in a pinch. I have actually received 2 compliments wearing this one.

    This is a cooler weather fragrance. It is somewhat light for a winter fragrance, but it's good in the fall. It would be too sweet and sticky in the heat. The warmness from the cinnamon is great for fall anyway.


    Thank you for the support and helping to keep me motivated doing this. Be sure to +1 my content if you like it and hit that blue follow button. it means a lot!

    I probably won't post again until after Thanksgiving. I hope all of you have a blessed holiday with your loved ones.





  • No comments:

    Post a Comment