Monday, November 5, 2018

Burberry House Review




Hello everyone, sorry for not posting for a few days. I hope everyone had a great weekend! Today I am going to give you a review on one of my favorite houses: Burberry. I have not tried all of their offerings, but I will include a short review of each one I have. Enjoy! As always feel free to hit that blue follow button to show your support!

Burberry is a British house founded in 1856. They are most notably known for their trench coats and signature tartan patterns. They were granted a royal warrant to make clothing for the royal family. They didn't create their first fragrance until 1981.

Now onto the fragrances...

Burberry London

I have mentioned this one in another review for my top fall cheapies of 2018. It's still an amazing fragrance. Sometimes I get the smell of wet leaves in the fall on the opening and other times I get a port wine type smell. On the dry down it smells like a Christmas tree sometimes and other times it smells just like Christmas memories. It's hard to describe and it's amazing how one fragrance can conjure up so many memories. This should be in every man's collection for the holiday season.

Burberry Touch For Men

This one I consider my signature fragrance. It's an easy dumb reach that works all year and for any situation. You can dress it up or down. Casually or formal. In the heat or in the cold. This one does it all.

A beautiful powdery violet leaf accented by some spice and soft musk. Clean, classy, and a workhorse. It's not original or groundbreaking, but it's an excellent fragrance for anything and a great one to start a collection off with. As a bonus, I get 8-9 hours with this with 2-3 of solid projection and a nice scent bubble until the 7th hour. I will keep this one in my collection forever.

Burberry Weekend

This one was not pleasant when I first purchased it. It was a blind buy and came off as a citronella cand;e (You know the ones that keep mosquitoes away?). Then I looked at the notes and saw it had ivy and lemon...and it created that vibe. While I don't find it as intolerable as I did at the start. It grew on me, but I still think it's the worst from the house (that I have tried), It's a decent summer casual scent for a barbeque or running errands. Weekend is a fitting name. It's also synthetic. It lasts about 5 hours for me. Overall not impressive, but not horrible either. I will not be repurchasing this one.

Burberry Brit(not pictured)

A spicy powdery rose. Slightly sweet, but still remains elegant. A nice fragrance overall. I plan on getting a full bottle soon. Like the others on this list...nothing groundbreaking, but still a solid fragrance. Longevity was around 7 hours with 2 of projection and a small scent bubble. Ladies seem to love this one.


Overall, Burberry is a great fragrance house that is often overlooked. London has some hype around it and Touch has received a bit as well. For the price paid on discounters they are very good value for the price paid.

London
https://www.fragrancenet.com/cologne/burberry/burberry-london/edt#142002

Touch
https://www.fragrancenet.com/cologne/burberry/burberry-touch/edt#147655

Weekend
https://www.fragrancenet.com/cologne/burberry/weekend/edt#120285

Brit
https://www.fragrancenet.com/cologne/burberry/burberry-brit/edt#133498

Thanks everyone! Have a fantastic day! Let me know in the comments your thoughts on any Burberry fragrances you have tried!

3 comments:

  1. John! Excellent blog/review! I really liked this! I've learned a lot from this. I hope you do another one soon. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. John! Excellent blog/review! I really liked this! I've learned a lot from this. I hope you do another one soon. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For sure. I need to pick up a few more from a few houses and I will work on another. Thanks Daniel.

      Delete