Thursday, November 8, 2018

Cerruti 1881 Review



Hello ladies and gents! I hope everyone had a fantastically fragrant day! Today I have a classic fragrance review for you, Cerruti 1881. One of my favorites in this genre. Let's get into it!

Notes:

Top- Lavender, Carnation, Galbanum, Cypress, Bergamot, Juniper, Elemi Resin

Mid- Vetiver, Ylang-Ylang, Rose, Lily of the Valley, Cassia

Base- Musk, Sandalwood, Patchouli, Oakmoss, Cedar, Pepper, Pine


As you can probably tell from the note breakdown, this fragrance is a classic one. Originally released in 1990. Cerruti is an Italian house and it's evident in this fragrance. It comes in a frosted glass bottle at the front and back with "1881" stamped on the front, with a smooth glass on the sides that says "Cerruti 1881". The cap is plastic. The atomizer is very good and distributes a good amount of fragrance.

The opening is what you might expect from these notes. A green aromatic fougere. It smells like an Italian forest, Yes, it does have that old school dry oakmoss vibe, but this one is not aggressive and in your face. It has some barbershop qualities to it, probably coming from the dry oakmoss/juniper and the spices with a powdery effect. It's not cloying, it somehow maintains a class to it while being relatively strong. This one does have a spicy aromatic composition and is very masculine.

As I said before this one reminds me of an Italian forest, granted I have never been to Italy, but this is what I imagine they would smell like in the summer. You can smell the oakmoss, cedar, lavender, and the pine very well. It's a great fragrance if you want to reminisce about walks in the forest.

This one lasts about 8 hours on me and projects for 3. it has a large scent bubble that lasts most of the life of the fragrance. People will smell this on you.

This fragrance is casual, but I think you could make it work with business casual, just not something formal. I would say that this is for more mature men, in both age and mentality. It has a classy old school vibe to it. This fragrance is best on warmer days, but you can make it work in the winter as well. I find it to be pretty versatile.

Overall, this is my favorite fragrance pre-2000s outside of Green Irish Tweed/Cool Water/Aspen or Moschino Uomo. I think it has stood the test of time, even though it does have a somewhat dated vibe, I think it still holds up well and is perfectly wearable today and I don't think it gets much love anymore and it should. One of the most underrated fougeres on the market.

I hope you enjoyed the review folks! Be sure to hit that blue follow button so you will be notified when I post new content. I have some stuff in the works very soon that you will certainly want to be following my blog for! Have a great day!

5 comments:

  1. The notes sounds like it might be a bit barbershoppy, do you get that at all? Is it still available?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's still sold. You can get it on Fragrancenet. I forgot to include a link on this one.

      Delete
  2. Never mind! I just saw your barbershop comment! Lol! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never mind! I just saw your barbershop comment! Lol! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. The notes sounds like it might be a bit barbershoppy, do you get that at all? Is it still available?

    ReplyDelete