Saturday, November 17, 2018

Creed Viking Review

Image sourced from fragrantica.com.

Hello ladies and gentlemen. I hope today is finding you in very good health and happiness! Today I will be reviewing the newest men's release from the house of Creed, Viking. Shoutout to Nathan Geck for sending me a sample of it! Let's get into it.

Notes

  • Top- Calabrian bergamot, Sicilian Lemon, Pink Pepper

    Mid- Pepper, Bulgarian Rose, Peppermint

    Base- Indian Sandalwood, Haitian Vetiver, Indian Patchouli, Lavandin


  • Scent
    Creed describes their newest fragrance with this caption taken from Creedboutique.com:
    "Viking, a fiery men’s fragrance that bottles the fearless spirit of boundless exploration for the modern man who goes against the grain. Inspired by the incredibly crafted longships, a centerpiece of the Viking Age and one of the greatest design feats of the ninth century. A symbol of a voyage and undeniable perseverance, longships were carefully designed for the skilled seaman who embodied unbridled determination to conquer. Viking marks the brand’s first major men’s scent since the introduction of the cult best-selling Aventus in 2010."

    This fragrance opens with a sharp burst of lemon, peppercorn, and peppermint. I don't mind it, but it could be off-putting to some. After a few minutes, it starts settling into a warmer spicy fragrance, while still being fresh with the lemon and peppermint. The sandalwood then comes out to give it a spicy woody feel with the lavender and rose to keep it clean, but not overly powdery.

    Many people have likened this fragrance to Old Spice. While it does share some similarities with Old Spice, it is a completely different fragrance. It's a spicy aromatic fragrance, just like Old Spice. Viking is fresher and more modern. It's gentlemanly and classy, as you would come to expect from a house like Creed.

    People also say this one is "mature". I couldn't see a teenager wearing this, but any working professional could pull this off. I am 32 and I do love Old Spice and I love this one as well.

    Performance is great on me. I get about 3 hours of projection and 8-9 of total longevity with a great sillage trail.

    Personally, I really love this. I wasn't a huge fan at first, but it grew on me after a few wearings. However, I will not buy a full bottle of this one. It's just not worth $500 for 100ML. I think it is fully worth $250(at a discounter) though. So, with that being said I will stick to a decant of it once my sample runs out.

    This one does get some disdain in the fragrance community and I think it is unjustified. Aventus was a huge success and this one doesn't follow in the same footsteps. However, this is a showing of what the Creed house really is, more classic fragrances. I am glad that Creed has shown they are still willing to make fragrances like this. Not just mass pleasing ones like Aventus.

    I hope you enjoyed the review! Have a great day and remember to +1 this post and hit the blue follow button! Thank you for all of the support!


    Buy a full bottle here:
    https://www.fragrancenet.com/cologne/creed/creed-viking/eau-de-parfum?mv_pc=fragrantica&utm_campaign=306335&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_source=fragrantica#306335

    Buy a decant from my friend Mark at Myfrangrancesamples:
    https://www.myfragrancesamples.com/product/viking/

    No comments:

    Post a Comment