Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Parfums de Marly Herod Review

Image Sourced from Fragrantica.com

Hey folks! I hope everyone had a great day! Today I will be reviewing one of my favorite tobacco fragrance (tobacco is one of my top 3 favorite notes). So, let's get into it!


Notes:

Top- Tobacco, Pepper

Mid- Osmanthus, Tobacco, Incense, Labdanum

Base- Vanilla, Cypriol, Cedar, Vetiver, Iso E Super, Musk


This fragrance opens up like cherry cough syrup with a slight metallic bite, sort of like the smell of an unlit cigarette. It quickly tones down that metallic smell and dries down to a sweet cherry tobacco with some vanilla and cinnamon. It smells intoxicatingly good. When it dries down the cedar and a bit of smokiness pops up a bit stronger, but the cherry tobacco with vanilla and spices are still there. It's very well blended and I have a hard time picking out each note outside the ones I listed.

I really love the sweetness that this one has. It's blended so well and it's very smooth which makes it classy.  Best in class for niche tobacco fragrances. I do like CK One Shock more, but it doesn't smell like this one. This one is a real compliment getter and it generally mass-pleasing.

I get around 6-8 hours on this one with a solid two of projection. The sillage leaves a heavy scent bubble for most of the life of the fragrance.

This one has a bit of class, but can be worn casually. It's pretty sweet and not for everyone. Colder weather only. This thing gets sickly sweet like cough syrup in the heat.

If you are looking for a smooth cherry and vanilla fragrance that is masculine and has some class, check this one out.

Thanks and have a great day! Hit the blue follow button if you want to support my work!

2 comments:

  1. Very nice John! I've always wondered about this. I think I'd really like this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This also sounds a tiny bit like Insurrection Wild. :D

    ReplyDelete