Monday, November 26, 2018

Armaf Tres Nuit Review


Hello ladies and gentleman! I hope you had a great Thanksgiving with your loved ones! Today I will be covering Armaf Green Irish Tweed. Their inspiration of my favorite fragrance of all time, Creed Green Irish Tweed. Let's get into it!


Presentation

The bottle is navy blue and triangular with the fragrance name on the front. It has a faux brown leather strap that goes around the outside with a silver buckle that has the fragrance name on it. The cap has "Armaf" stamped on the top with a circular design. It's not a flimsy cap, but certainly not high quality. The atomizer has the same design at the top of the cap, which is the standard Armaf atomizer. The atomizer performs well.


Notes

Top- Lemon, Lemon Verbena, Iris

Mid- Lavender, Iris, Spicy Notes

Base- Ambergris, Sandalwood


Scent

Armaf is very close to GIT(Green Irish Tweed) to me. It just not as rounded and polished. Of course, it is more synthetic as well. You aren't going to get a fragrance with real iris and ambergris in it for $20. However, it is very close. I will go into more detail about that in a bit.

This fragrance opens up with potency. The lemon and lemon verbena hit you right away with the fresh greenness. Some people find this very offputting, but I like it. Then the florals of iris, lavender, violet come out. Giving it a somewhat ozonic feel and making it slightly powdery. The sandalwood is very much just a supporting actor in this one in order to round it out and make it more masculine.

What this fragrance smells like to me is the countryside in Ireland or Scotland in the spring when everything is in bloom, right after a light sprinkling of rain. I love it. Anyone who knows me knows that I am Gaelic Celtic blood, which in short, means I am Scottish blood. I was born in the US though. Even though Manx and Irish are Gaelic Celts as well. So, this smells like home to me. It gives me peace of mind and reminds me of a place that I have never been. It's fresh, green, and gentlemanly.

Back to the comparison to GIT. Tres Nuit opens up much more harshly than GIT and the smell is not exactly the same. However, for $20 bucks this is a great everyday fragrance for the warmer months. I only use my GIT when I want to impress, this fragrance allows me to do that.

I get around 7-8 hours of longevity with a good sillage and an arm's length projection with it. Pretty good and pleasant for its price point.

Overall, I think it's worth a blind buy, but I might be biased due to my love for GIT. I will say this much though, this is NOT GIT. It does not smell better than GIT to my nose. It is a great alternative though. Also, if you love GIT look into Aspen(A pine forest version, which is dirt cheap) and Cool Water (an aquatic version that is a staple for many men).

That's it for today and I hope you enjoyed this review. Be sure to +1 any of my content that you enjoy, so I know which types of reviews people enjoy the most! Also, hitting that blue follow button really helps too! Thanks for all of the support!

This image is what comes to my mind when smelling this. Greenness right after a rainfall. I hope it helps you imagine it better!

Image sourced from pixabay.com.




No comments:

Post a Comment