Saturday, December 1, 2018

CK One Shock Review


Hello guys and gals! Sorry that I have not been posting as much lately. The holiday season is quite busy for me. Today I have a review of one most of you already know, CK One Shock. Probably my favorite cheapie of all time. Let's get into it!


Presentation
It's a big black bottle that doesn't come with a cap. The "SHOCK" on the front is rather shocking, and not in a good way. It looks pretty youthful. The sprayer is a beast though. The silver cap is vintage, the black(that I have) is the current one.


Notes

Top- Clementine, Lavender, Cucumber

Mid- Osmanthus, Black Pepper, Cardamon, Basil

Base- Amber, Patchouli, Cashmeran, White Musk, Tobacco


Scent

This fragrance opens up with a bit of cucumber, some sweet tobacco, and a cherry vibe with a dashing of pepper. When it dries down you get sweet tobacco and spice laying on a bed of warm and rich amber. Judging by the bottle this is a youthful fragrance, but this fragrance can be for any age. It's absolutely wonderful. It's sweet, spicy, and warming. I would drink this stuff if it wouldn't kill me. Just goes to show you how misleading a branding can be for a product. This is a sweet concoction of heavenly manna. Just try it already.

Longevity on me is 7-8 hours and projection is massive for the first two hours, then settle down to a 6 foot or so bubble and leaving a potent sillage trail. The vintage performs much better, but 25 bucks will buy you 200ml of this stuff. No, that is not a typo, 6.7oz. You can't beat that anywhere. Also, 2 or 3 sprays max gents, this thing projects for the first few hours heavily.

Regardless of the naysayers that say the new formulation is bad, I will still keep this in my collection. It's one of the few fragrances that I keep a backup bottle of. That is how much I love this one. This is my favorite casual dumb reach for the colder days.

That being said, this is a winter/late fall only fragrance. This thing will get sickly sweet in the heat. Best worn casually, but it could fit business casual perhaps, but not formal.

Hope you enjoyed the review folks. Hit that blue follow button or +1 my content that you like so I know what types of posts my readers like. Thanks!

Buy it here(only 23 bucks for 200ml at this time of this post)
https://www.fragrancenet.com/cologne/calvin-klein/ck-one-shock/edt#219836

3 comments:

  1. John, now I understand why you love this so much! I have Insurrection wild, isn't this pretty much the same?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never smelled Insurrection Wild, but assuming it smells like Pure Havane, then no. Completely different fragrances. PH leans a lot more gourmand than Shock does. The SPiciness and Amber sets it apart. The tobacco note is somewhat similar though.

      Delete
  2. John, now I understand why you love this so much! I have Insurrection wild, isn't this pretty much the same?

    ReplyDelete