Sunday, December 9, 2018

A Trip Down Memory Lane: Stetson Cologne Review


Hello ladies and gentleman! I hope this day finds you well and in good health. I am sitting here in an ice storm in South Carolina with a nice cup of mint hot chocolate. Life is good! Today I am going to take us back to my childhood with a fragrance that is quite popular around here...Stetson. Let's get into it!


Presentation
The bottle I have is a special edition splash bottle. So it's a bit different with a western engraving on it. I quite like it. It's a splash, so no atomizer. The screw off cap is difficult to unscrew at times though. Nice classic bottle for the collection, even if you don't like the fragrance.


Notes


Top- Lemon, Lime, Bergamot, Lavender, Clary Sage

Mid- Geranium, Orris Root, Patchouli, Carnation, Jasmine, Vetiver, Cedar

Base- Honey, Tonka, Musk, Amber, Vanilla


Scent


This is a classic fragrance that was first introduced in 1981. Given its age, I am surprised to not find some dry oakmoss in here. Stetson is special to me. I worked on a farm growing up and the guy I worked for wore this. He was a cowboy through and through. Tough, respectful, honest, and honorable. That is what this fragrance reminds me of. He passed away earlier this year. I bought this fragrance and fell in love with it again. I might be biased due to the memories I associate with it though. That is why I prefaced this description with this first. Now, let's get on to the actual scent!

This fragrance leans like a classic barbershop fragrance, but not like Azzaro Pour Homme. It's more like an Avon Wild Country one. It's floral, sweet, and musky. The honey, carnation, jasmine, and musk stand out the most to me. I can also detect lavender, tonka, and cedar. The cedar gives it a slight spiciness that keeps it interesting. I can also detect amber in the background tying the whole thing together.

I get about 10 hours out of this one. I have put it on my chest and went to sleep and it is still projecting when I wake up 7-8 hours later. It has arm's length projection and leaves a good scent bubble.

I honestly really like this one and still wear it. I don't care if it reminds people of their grandpa. I like it a lot. That is what matters the most when wearing fragrances. I think it has been successful for so long because it is different. A floral and sweet composition for men. That wasn't common back in the 80s. I plan on getting a cologne spray of it soon. By the way, yes it is a cologne concentration that lasts that long!

Thanks for the support everyone and be sure to hit that blue follow button and +1 my content if you want to see more classic fragrance reviews. Have a great day!

Buy Stetson here:
https://www.fragrancenet.com/cologne/coty/stetson/cologne#126171

2 comments:

  1. Heck yeah! Excellent review my friend! Had this back in the day! Everyone did. Lol! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wore it yesterday. Wearing Chaps today. I'm in an old school mode right now haha

      Delete