Monday, December 3, 2018

5 Fragrances that I Will Never Purchase

Image source: www.pixabay.com

Hello ladies and gentleman! I hope this day finds you well and in good health. Today I will be covering 5 fragrances that I will not purchase. These might be due to the smell, price, or something personal. These are not in any particular order.

Note: This is just my opinion, if you love these, then buy them. To each his own. These are just my personal feelings.

Let's get into it!


Number 5: Anything from DUA Fragrances



Image Source: www.Fragrantica.com

Now, I know I might get some backlash over this. I am sure DUA makes great impressions of the fragrances they draw inspiration from. However, the owner has done a few things that I don't personally agree with and I have made my decisions off of that. I will not go into detail because I do not wish to trash someone's character. If you love DUA, then that is okay. This is just a personal conviction for me. If I ever received a DUA product in a giveaway or something, then I would review the fragrance itself and not show any bias. He does have a good collection of hard to find fragrances, which is cool though. The pricing isn't as good as Genre Parfums and Alexandria Fragrances, so I will stick with those.


Number 4: Creed Aventus


Image source: www.fragrantica.com
I just don't see the point n paying for Aventus when there are so many great inspirations of it. Batch variation varies so greatly anyways and most of the clones do not have that problem. Part of that is due to natural ingredients, but it's still a downside. I was never a huge fan of Aventus, to begin with. I prefer Mancera Cedrat Boise.



Number 3: JPG Ultra Male


Image source: www.Fragrantica.com
I covered this one in one of my first posts, the fragrances that I think are overhyped. It's just too sweet and feminine leaning for me. To each his own, as I said. Women love this one. I just don't feel right when I wear it. Maybe it's my skin chemistry? I am not sure, but it's not for me.



Number 2: Any Fragrance Over $400

Clive Christian No 1. Retails for $850 for 50ml. No Thanks! Image source: www.fragrantica.com

Sorry, but I am not a wealthy person. I don't even like paying over $100 for one bottle, but I usually won't buy anything over $200. There are very few I would pay over that for. PdM Carlisle is one of them. That is like a month's mortgage or rent. That is just too expensive for me to buy. I will stick to mostly cheapies.



Number 1: Etat Libre d'Orange Secretions Magnifiques


Image source: www.fragrantica.com

I get the artful side behind this, ELDO certainly has that. This fragrance is made to smell like sperm, sweat, and saliva. Seriously? This might be great for some people and it might work for it's intended use. No way am I putting this on my skin! I actually smelled this one in Atlanta and it was stomach churning. Although, I was aware of what it was supposed to smell like before trying it, which I am sure didn't help. I usually don't knock on fragrances because I respect the perfumer and his time making his masterpiece, but this one is just bad in every aspect for me. Try and buy at your own risk.


Thanks for the support everyone! I hope I wasn't too harsh in this post. Remember to hit that blue follow button and +1 my content if you like it! Also, you can sign up to be notified when I post by email if you enter your email at the top where it says "Email address...". Feel free to comment on which fragrances that you will never purchase below! Have a great night!


Link to my 5 Popular Fragrances that aren't Worth the Hype post:
https://musingsofafraghead.blogspot.com/2018/10/5-popular-fragrances-that-arent-worth.html


2 comments:

  1. Totally with you on fragrances over $400 and Secretions Magnifique. Like you I can't justify spending that much on one fragrance when that amount will buy 2 niche or a bunch of cheapies. And SM was even worse for me when I smelled it. Can respect it as an art piece but would put it on the level of really old kimchi. Really, really old! Great article.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, SM is pretty atrocious. I don't care how high quality the notes are...400 bucks is too much,

      Delete