Thursday, December 27, 2018

Moschino Uomo? Review


Greetings ladies and gentleman! I hope everyone had a fantastically blessed Christmas! My blog posts will still be less frequent than normal until after the new year, then I should be back to posting every other day. Today I am covering a somewhat classic fragrance(It was launched in 1998). Let's get into it!


Notes

Top
Kumquat, Brazilian Rosewood, Aldehydes, Coriander

Mid
Cinnamon, Cyclamen, Clary Sage

Base
Cedarwood, Wormwood, Ambergris, Musk

(Basenotes also lists a sunlight accord in the base, which I assume is what Fragrantica lists as aldehydes in the top)


Scent

Opening
Aromatic musky opening with kumquat and musk and cyclamen. The aldehydes are sharp and citrusy here. It has a pretty strong opening, but not offensive at all. Aldehydes are sharp and citrusy here.

Dry Down
This fragrance is pretty linear. It stays as a musky floral for most of the life of the fragrance. the aldehydes get smoother here, lending to the soapy smell. Just a small dash cinnamon and coriander warms this fragrance up just a bit. The fragrance does tame itself a bit and it is more pleasing to the nose at this point.

Performance
I get around 6 hours with this one, an hour or so more on a cooler day. About 2 hours of projection, then it becomes a skin scent for the rest of its lifespan. it leaves a decent scent trail that is lovely. 2-3 sprays will do the trick. It's easy to go anosmic to this one.

When to Wear it
You can wear this one any time of the year like you can with most soapy fragrances. It's a staple in the mild autumns we have here in South Carolina. It's good casually, formal, and even for a date night. A pretty versatile fragrance.

Overall Impression 
A really good fragrance at a bargain price. I think I paid around $22 for 125ml/ It smells more expensive than it is. It is slightly mature, but I don't think it's out of place on a 22-year-old. It has a certain timeless elegance to it. It's an easy dumb reach. I have yet to find anyone who says this smells bad, but I have only found one person who says this smells "Amazing". I have worn this one quite a bit.



I hope you folks enjoyed this one. Remember to hit the blue follow button. It's like subscribing on Youtube. Also, +1 the article on Google if you'd like. Thanks for the support and until next time, keep smelling great!

One more thing, let me know in the comments section if you like the new "scent" section format or if you prefer the style I used before. Just testing things out. 😃

Buy it here: 
https://www.fragrancenet.com/cologne/moschino/uomo-moschino/edt#120541

3 comments:

  1. Yes! I did enjoy this one. This was talked about a lot a few months ago, but not so anymore for some reason. This sounds like something I'd really like. Did you get it online? Excellent description as always my friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I got it at Fragrancenet about a year ago. Thanks. Did you like the new format or no?

      Delete
  2. Yes! I did enjoy this one. This was talked about a lot a few months ago, but not so anymore for some reason. This sounds like something I'd really like. Did you get it online? Excellent description as always my friend. :)

    ReplyDelete