Saturday, October 20, 2018

5 Popular Fragrances that aren't Worth the Hype

As the title states, this will be 5 popular fragrances that I do not think are fitting of the hype that they receive.

*Disclaimer: This is my opinion. If you love these fragrances, then that is fine. They just aren't for me personally*


Number 5: Jean Paul Gaultier Ultra Male

Credit goes to Fragrantica for this image.
JPG Ultra Male is certainly a legendary fragrance in the Fragrance Community. Its longevity, sweetness, and projection are enormous. Those are the reasons I don't like it. It's too sweet. It's too loud. The pear note in this fragrance is original. Not many men's fragrances have pear in them. So, I respect that this fragrance is original and unique,  but it's just too sweet and intrusive for me.


Number 4: John Varvatos Dark Rebel Rider


Credit goes to Fragrantica for the image
This fragrance isn't as popular as Ultra Male, but it still has a loyal following of fans. The leather note is too smoky and rubbery for me. Reminds me a bit of Bvlgari Black (the one in the round bottle). It just gives me a headache because of the leather note in it.


Number 3: Dior Fahrenheit

Credit goes to Fragrantica for the image
This fragrance is wildly popular and a legend in its own right. However, the gasoline smelling top is just too much for me. I was a mechanic for 2 of my 8 years in the Army and I am not too keen on smelling like gasoline until it dries down. The drydown is quite nice when it's blended with the iris, but I can't stomach it while I wait for that to happen.


Number 2: Bond No 9 New Haarlem
Credit goes to Fragrantica for the image
I do like this fragrance, but I don't love it. I do not think it is deserving of its price tag. It smells like pancake syrup to me. While that is not a bad smell, it is not one that I want to smell like often. I much prefer Rochas Man over this one. It's priced well for what it is. New Haarlem is not.


Number 1: Creed Aventus

                                 
Credit goes to Fragrantica for the image
Yes, Creed Aventus. The fragrance that has been dubbed as the "king". While I do like this fragrance, I do not think it is deserving of that title. Don't get me wrong, this fragrance is great and it shattered many barriers. It's just not the number 1 fragrance of all time for me. Especially for its price. I much prefer Mancera Cedrat Boise over Aventus. It's creamier and fruitier with less smoke. Even though Cedrat Boise is a different fragrance from Aventus, they have the same vibe and uses.


Thank you for your support. Be sure to hit the blue follow button if you want to support my work here.

All of the images were taken from Fragrantica and they do not belong to me. They are used for reference purposes only.

4 comments:

  1. This is Truth to you. I love Truth. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Truth to you. I love Truth. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do agree with these. Ide like to try ultra male again in the upcoming winter. Aventus is incredibly overrated.

    ReplyDelete