Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Alexandria Mr. Sillage: The Second Review



Welcome back, everyone! Thank you for stopping by once again and I hope all of you have a fantastic day! Today I am reviewing a fragrance that I already reviewed, Alexandria's Mr. Sillage, but  I thought I could do better. Plus, the fragrance has matured more since I reviewed it, so I thought it was only fitting to review it all over again. I will still leave the first review up as well. Let's get into it!



The Story

Mr. Sillage is a fragrance that was dedicated to Chris Georgio, also known by his Youtube name Mr. Sillage. He was a fragrance reviewer who was just now breaking onto the FragComm scene. He was gaining a lot of popularity and followers due to his unique and friendly style. He was a kind man. One that always looked to help people when he could. He was always on other reviewer's Youtube channels and commenting on their videos. It didn't matter if they had 40 subscribers or 400K. He was always there telling them what a good job they were doing and commenting on their videos. He was just a fun and positive guy.

Well, I was just getting into his content, so I cannot claim to have known Chris personally. I see the impact that he left and what he did for others though. I was watching a livestream where he was talking about being ex-military. I am also ex-military so I was going to chat him up and try to be friends with him. I figured it was something we could relate on. Sadly, that live stream was the last time we saw him. He was found passed away in his apartment on August 3rd, 2018.

Part of me wonders if I would have contacted him sooner if I could have helped him, since I did a tour in Ramadi, Iraq myself and I know some of those demons. However, that doesn't matter now. All we can all do is remember and honor who he was and how he touched us. He was a shining example of what the FragComm needs to be and some mottos to live by. Be kind, be generous, and most of all, be positive.

Chris' favorite fragrance was Jo Malone Myrrh and Tonka, so Mr. Sillage is inspired by that. Hany Hafez, the owner of Alexandria fragrances did such a kind gesture, the donated the earnings from the first 50 bottles sold to Chris' family to help with expenses. It was originally a limited edition fragrance, but Hany decided to keep it in the line-up and I am thankful for that. Sorry that this section is so lengthy, but I feel the story needs to be told. It is a part of why this fragrance is so great.


Notes

Top
Lavender

Mid
Myrrh

Base
Almond, Tonka Bean, Vanilla


The Scent


Opening

This fragrance opens with some very sweet vanilla that is undoubtedly accented by the tonka bean with a strong punch of rich myrrh. Sweet incense is basically what you get. This fragrance does not smell cheap at all.

Dry Down

The vanilla and myrrh persist throughout the fragrance with the sweet tonka bean. The almond comes into play and the fragrance ends up being balsamic. Some people say they get a lot of lavender, but I don't really detect much. This fragrance is sweet and rich, The quality and attention to detail are apparent in this one.


Longevity

This one performs extremely well. 10-11 hours of longevity with 3-4 of those being projection. This fragrance also leaves a massive sillage trail, hence the name, Mr. Sillage. I see what you did there, Mr. Hafez 😀. Go easy on the trigger folks, this stuff is potent and will fill an entire room with a single spray.


When to Wear it

This fragrance is very sweet and the myrrh is quite heavy. Cool weather only. Cold weather is the most ideal. This fragrance favors night time use with its sweet and seductive aura, but it can be worn on cold days too. This fragrance has class, so it should be worn in more than jeans and a long sleeve shirt. You could pull it off in jeans and a sweater though. I think it's more seductive the more dressed up you are. This fragrance is better for men 25+.


Overall Impression

A fitting tribute to a great man that is sorely missed. This fragrance is great for cold weather dates. It draws people in. This one is a crowd pleaser, as long as you go light on the trigger. If you go heavy then you will choke people out. The fragrance isn't for people who just want to impress people and get compliments. It's for a man who has class and shows himself to be a gentleman. This isn't a clubbing fragrance. This is the only Alexandria I have tried and I am wanting to try more, which hopefully will be soon. it's a beautiful rendition that deserves much more praise than it gets.

Rest in peace, Chris. You were taken too soon. Even though I never knew you personally, I learned a lot about you from my friends. You will forever be engrained in our hearts and minds. Warriors never die, brother. they just fade away.


I hope you enjoyed this article. I enjoyed writing it. I know it's not my usual style, but I am glad you stopped by to read it. Thanks for the support folks. Until next time, "Go frag yourself!". (That was Chris' motto).



Buy Mr. Sillage here

My first review of Mr. Sillage

5 comments:

  1. Wow John! What a great review and tribute! This is such a great review. Very nicely done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow John! What a great review and tribute! This is such a great review. Very nicely done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review and tribute to Mr. Sillage. The sweetness from the Tonka melds beautifully into the earthy myrrh.

    ReplyDelete