Monday, January 7, 2019

Genre Parfums Irish Rainfall Review

It was a rainy day, so I figured it was a fitting picture day for this fragrance.

Hello ladies and gentleman! I hope you all are having a blessed day! I have an exciting review for you today from a fragrance house you might not have heard of, Genre Parfums. I am excited about this one, folks. Let's get into it!


Who is Genre Parfums?

Genre Parfums is a fragrance company based out of Louisiana in the United States. It is owned by Devin Breaux. He is a very cordial and kind-hearted gentleman who works in the oil fields and runs this fragrance company on the side. He just so happens to love fragrances as well, so he started this company. I won't go too far in depth with this because I am going to do a house review after I review the two fragrances he sent me. Yes, he sent them to me. I did not pay for them.

Genre Parfums is like Alexandria and DUA. They mostly take inspiration for other fragrances, although Devin does have some original creations coming out later this month or early next month. The difference is that he only charges $25 for 30ml bottles, besides MM Extrait which is an extrait de parfum not an eau de parfum, so it's $30. Okay, I will go into more depth about the nuances when I do the house review 😊


The Fragrance

Presentation

I believe Genre has the best presentation of the three houses. The fragrances come packed in a little drawstring leather(not real leather, but still nice quality) bag(image below). They even come with a little Genre Parfums cleaning cloth to wipe the smudges off of your bottles. What a thoughtful little touch!

The bottles themselves are clear glass, with a black label with the fragrance name on the front and the Genre Parfums insignia. The cap is plastic. Nothing fancy, but it's simple and it works with the aesthetic of the bottles. Sometimes the cap needs a little "oomph!" to come off, but it's not that big of a deal. It's not that hard to pull off. The atomizer is black and works well. Sprays out a good amount of juice.

The leather bag and cleaning cloth. Sorry, I had to use the flash in order to get the detailing on the bag.


Notes

Top

Iris, Lemon Verbena

Mid
Violet Leaf

Base
Sandalwood, Ambergris


The Scent

Opening


Irish Rainfall(IR from here on out) opens up very green with some lemon and beautiful violet and iris. Very relaxing and pleasant. One of my favorites to smell the opening on. Much easier to handle than Tres Nuit.

Dry Down

When IR dries down the lemon verbena, violet, and iris tame themselves and it goes into a more refined state. They blend wonderfully with each other to impart the feeling of being in Ireland in the spring. It gives a somewhat ozonic feel of a green field after a rainfall.

Comparisons

Irish Rainfall is a fragrance inspired by Creed Green Irish Tweed. GIT has a good number of clones, including the ever popular, Tres Nuit. IR takes more of a GIT approach than Tres Nuit/ It's well mannered, not harsh like the lemon verbena and violet/iris in Tres Nuit. The violet in IR is a bit softer than in GIT. IR is blended very well and nothing stands out too strongly. the greenness and lemon verbena work side by side to round this one out. They are not clashing like in Tres Nuit. It's very gentlemanly and soft-spoken. It's soothing and clean.

I really like this one. It's as close to a GIT clone as I have smelled. IR is only very slightly synthetic to my nose. I would say it's about 85-90% close to GIT with the major difference being the toned down violet/iris. Considering the price he is asking for this...That is amazing.

Longevity

I am tracking around 7 hours of longevity with about half of that being projecting. 7 hours is fine with me, especially at this price point. Plus it gives me an excuse to spray it and smell that gorgeous opening again. It's a softer fragrance and I did pull one compliment from a cashier at Publix(A grocery store) about 4 hours after I applied 4 sprays. One to each wrist, one to my shirt, and one on my neck. It seems to leave a pretty good sillage trail for most of its life as well.

When to Wear it

Spring and summer. It's best in the spring, but it goes well in the summer as well. You could get away with it in the fall/water as well because it's a clean fragrance, but it's not suggested. You can wear it casually or with a tuxedo. You can rock this bad boy any time. It can fit into any wardrobe. Rock it with pride.

Overall Impression


Devin threw down the gauntlet when he sent me this. He knew GIT was my all-time favorite fragrance and he wanted to put his creation up against it. I will be clear though, this is not GIT, but it's very close and a spectacular rendition of it for the price. I certainly won't buy another Tres Nuit after smelling this. I might not even buy a GIT after this as well, which pains me to say. My GIT is currently relegated to special occasions only because of its price. I can wear this one every day and not worry about using precious juice for a trip to the grocery store. Yes, you get more juice with Tres Nuit, but this one is much higher quality. This smells like a fragrance that would cost $150. It's pretty astonishing for $25. When he starts making 60ml bottles I will be sure to pick this one up.

You can order 3 5ml samples for $12. try this one out. if you don't like it feel free to fuss me out for it. If you like GIT, then you will like this.

The next Genre I review was my favorite of the two that he sent me..."Wait, how can the other one be better than an inspiration of your favorite fragrance?"...Well, tune in next time to find out my friends.

Thank you for your time as always and I hope everyone has a blessed day! Keep smelling great and hit that blue follow button! Thanks!

Genre Parfums Facebook Group (Devin gives news and updates on here, plus members talk about Genre fragrances)

To order from Genre Parfums message Devin on Facebook(His name is a link to his Facebook).


6 comments:

  1. 7 hours is amazing for 25 bucks. Great review!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, not many can boast 7 hours for that price and still smell like a quality fragrance. Just wait until my Noble Soul review later this week :)

      Delete
  2. Love it! This is a beautiful write up, John. I can’t wait to place an order!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I know you will be pleased with it when you do.

      Delete
  3. Really interested in this house. I need to get my nose on some. Thanks for spotlighting for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Devin is a workhorse and his creations so far are beautiful. I don't think you will regret trying Genre out. If I did then I wouldn't have given them such a high review :)

      Delete