Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Dior Sauvage EDT Review




Hello ladies and gentleman! I hope everyone is doing well this evening. Tonight I have a review that I have been putting off for forever, Dior Sauvage. Due to its popularity and hate, I have steered away from reviewing it...Plus every other reviewer has a review of it. That's okay though. I do have it, so I might as well review it. Let's get into it!


Presentation

I really like the bottle on this one. The dark blue fade on the front looks gorgeous. I really love the magnetic cap as well. I have often times just sat here and played with it...Yeah, I know I am a kid at heart 😆. This atomizer on this is the best one that I have ever seen. It shoots a ton of juice out and makes a hissing sound. That's pretty awesome.

Notes
Top
Pepper, bergamot

Mid
Lavender, Geranium, Sichuan Pepper, Elemi, Vetiver, Pink Pepper

Base
Cedar, Ambroxan, Labdanum


Scent

Opening
You get a fresh dose of bergamot, lots of spice, and ambroxan in the opening. It's aggressive, forward, and unbashful. It tells you what it is right from the start. The pepper is very strong. If I smell it too much in the opening then I go anosmic to it shortly after.

Dry Down
The woodiness comes into play in the dry down. The ambroxan acts more like an amber now. It's still strong and peppery. So, you end up with a spicy and woody amber with some sparkling bergamot at the top.

Longevity
I get around 10 hours with it at least. I go anosmic to it because of the pepper. My nose is very sensitive to pepper. I have had people comment on it 10 hours after I applied. It seems to project for a good 3-4 hours as well. It also leaves a pretty massive sillage trail.

When to Wear it
This fragrance is super versatile and can be worn year-round and for almost any situation. I personally think it's too aggressive for formal wear though. It can be used for dates, clubbing, casual, work or whatever else you want to use it for. the EDP is slightly better for cold weather, but the EDT does fine in that as well.

Overall Impression

It's not a particularly great smelling fragrance when you smell it on your wrist. It's okay though. However, what you smell on yourself is not what others smell. I think this one might be popular because they might have put pheromones in it, There is no evidence to support this, however, Eau Sauvage was the first fragrance to have pheromones in it and I wouldn't be surprised if this one did as well, given its popularity with women.

Why is it so popular besides my thoughts on possible pheromones? It's very synthetic and messy. Its aggressive pepper, strong sparkling bergamot, and in your face ambroxan...Because it just works. On paper you look at the notes and think that it couldn't possibly work...it does. Love it or hate it, there is no denying that this works if you are seeking compliments.

It's not my favorite fragrance by far, but I do wear it when I am looking for compliments. Its good at what it does do. which is getting compliments.

Also, on a side note...if you use more than two sprays you might kill someone. I ran into a guy in a grocery store that was wearing like 8 sprays of this and it was nauseating to me smell him 3 aisles down from me. I am not sure if it was 8 sprays, but he oversprayed for sure. Please don't be that guy. Have pity on those of us who are sensitive to pepper 😆

Thanks for stopping by folks! I hope you enjoyed my take on Sauvage. Hit that blue follow button if you want to support me. Until next time, be well and smell fantastic!


Buy Sauvage here

5 comments:

  1. John, very very nicely done. You did a terrific job on this one! Very nice presentation. I'm impressed. Great details also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. John, very very nicely done. You did a terrific job on this one! Very nice presentation. I'm impressed. Great details also!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quite a nice review done on the ever so controversial Dior Sauvage. Just a side note anytime I type Sauvage on my phone it auto corrects to "Sausage". I maybe be hungry or want to smell good at times? To be honest I'm in the boat of liking this fragrance. Yes that Atomizer is amazing!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed. Dior makes some great atomizers. Yeah, autocorrect fails sometimes...I think that is where the "sausage" meme came from. Thanks for stopping by. I commented on some stuff on your blog as well. I also sent you a PM on FB if you didn't see it.

      Delete