Thursday, January 31, 2019

My Best Winter Pick-Up So Far: Scentstory 24 Gold


Hello ladies and gentleman! I am glad to see you stop by once again. Today I have a fragrance that I literally slept on for a long time, Scentstory 24 Gold. This was hyped as a cheapie a while back, but then it was discontinued, from what I hear, so prices started to skyrocket. I picked up a 50ml bottle in the old packaging for $21 at www.fragrancebuy.ca. So, that was a good deal. I am not sure which batch this is because I was unable to find any site that showed Fox or Scenststory as a brand to check batch codes, but I do believe this is an older formulation due to the packaging and how strong it is. Now, enough about batches codes and formulations...Let's do this!

Also, I just made a Facebook group the other day. The only rule I have is no sales/swaps. I don't want to have to moderate those. I would love to build a community of positive people who love fragrances. Feel free to join it here. Also, reviewers and bloggers feel free to share your content and thoughts there.


Presentation

24 Gold comes in a golden bottle with a reflective shine on it. The cap is plastic and light and does not click into place. I guess expenses had to be spared somewhere, right? The bottle is thick and sturdy glass. The atomizer works decently.

Notes

Top
Oud, Jasmine, Guaiac Wood

Mid
Sandalwood, Cedar, Star Anise

Base
Vanilla, Amber, Ylang-Ylang


The Scent

Opening

This fragrance opens up with a strong burst of vanilla, amber, slightly medicinal oud. The sandalwood is dry and certainly there as well. It's pretty potent and one spray can fill up an entire room. The amber is warm and smooth and slightly dusty. The vanilla is sweet has a sort of cake icing feel to it.

Dry Down

When this fragrance dries down the vanilla tames itself and blend wonderfully with the amber. The oud turns a little smoky. The dry woods are still there and there is a little bit of jasmine in there, but I think it plays more of a supporting actor role to the vanilla. I can't detect any anise in here, so it must be light. It's probably playing into the sweetness as well. This fragrance is very Middle Eastern in composition. It's not super aggressive with the oud though, but you can certainly tell this is an oud fragrance.

Performance

This fragrance is a beast mode performer. If I made my beast mode list again today, this would top it. I am getting anywhere from 16-18 hours out of this. Possibly even more. being that I am sleeping during part of it, I am not totally sure. The projection is about 4-5 hours and it's massive. This stuff will announce your presence to every within a city block...Okay okay, not that much, but it will fill a room. After that, it leaves a pretty massive sillage trail for most of its life.

When to Wear it

I would suggest only wearing this one in cold weather, 50 Fahrenheit and below. This thing is a massive performer and will be very cloying in the heat. I would also suggest 3 sprays at most, 2 would be better though, I think. This fragrance is better casually I think, but with business casual, it would be fine. Not formal though.


Overall Impression

As the title states, this has been my best find so far this winter. This fragrance is amazing quality for the price. It's hard to believe that an EDT can perform like this. This fragrance smells expensive. Scentstory is actually a niche house and this fragrance costs pennies compared to what it smells like.

As good as I think this fragrance is, I don't think it's a good blind buy. It's very strong. If you love vanilla, amber, and oud then I would say go for it. If you can get it as cheap as I did, then it might be a safe one as well. If you are a hardcore oud lover, then this fragrance will be weak on the oud to you.

This is quickly becoming a favorite of mine. I am planning to get another bottle soon in case it becomes even hard to find. I don't really hype many fragrances, but I truly think this one is totally worth it.


I hope you enjoyed this one. This is a fragrance I certainly love. Hit that blue follow button to support my work. Much love to all of you and remember to say something positive to someone today! You never know how much it could help!


Buy 24 Gold here

Buy quality decants at a low price at www.whatsmyscent.com. Use the code MUSINGS10 to get 10% off your order. Today, January 31st, is the last day this code will be active!

3 comments:

  1. I’ve been wanting to try this for a long time, and now I just purchased it. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Walter! Thanks for stopping by. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

      Delete