Friday, February 22, 2019

FragComm Fridays: Chad McChesney


Hello, everyone! Thank you for joining me for another edition of "FragComm Fridays"! This week we have Chad McChesney from the Youtube channel, AGentlemansJourney. Chad is a great reviewer(even if he won't admit it himself) that does a lot of under-the-radar reviews. I will link his channel after the interview if you want to check him out. Thanks for doing this, Chad! Let's get into it!

P.S. Excuse him for his spelling of "favourite". He is Canadian and doesn't know any better 😆

(It was just a joke, for all of you serious people. We love Chad and Canadians)


The Interview

1. What is your favorite fragrance?

There is I have a few: Ferrari Bright Neroli, Creed Millesime Imperiale, and even just recently fell in love with Ralph Lauren Polo Leather Supreme

2. What is your favorite fragrance memory?

When I was a kid, we use to go to this bakery not too far from our house.

3. Which Youtubers inspired you to start your own channel?

Vitor, Cubby, Robes08, and Street Scents

4. You review a lot of fragrances that no one else does on your channel. How do you go about scouting what to review next?

I just go around looking on some of the online discounters to see what is different and then I check YT to see if they have been done before. If they have been over reviewed then I try not to review it. 

5. You collaborate with tons of Youtubers. What draws you to do reviews like that?

I've been doing this for a long time so part of me has checked out. Doing collabs helps me to stay around and to add a fun aspect to the video as just solo videos can be dull. It adds interest for me wanting to do this. Those in-person collaborations are way more fun. Cubaknow and Redolessence are my favourite people to do videos with.  

6. You are known as a fan of Zegna and Ferrari. What are your favorite and least favorite fragrances from each of those?

Favorites from Zegna would be their Sicilian Mandarin, Zegna Z Milan, and their Forte. My least favourite from the brand would be Musk Gold, Javanese Patchouli, and Indonesian Oud. It's funny how all the ones I hate come from their luxury line. My favourites from Ferrari are Leather Essence, Bright Neroli, and Radiant Bergamot and my least favourite is probably Oud Essence. They have a bunch from their Scuderia line and even though I have a number of them, I haven't smelled much but I do think they are kinda blah. 

7. What is your favorite fragrance note?

I cannot just list one so I would say cinnamon, neroli, and citruses. 

8. How did you come up with your Youtube channel name, AGentleman'sJourney?

Well, I was once known as WhiteSpiritBear and then changed it to TheEverydayMan and then I went to AGentlemansJourney. I guess I was just trying to rebrand. If I could start it all over I would probably choose something like BlueCollarGent or something like that. 

9. Do you have any future plans for your Youtube channel that you can tell us about?

I recently became friends with someone who worked as a drag queen for over 25 years. Yeah I know, weird story, but because he worked int he entertainment industry for so long he's become friends with a bunch of celebrities (mostly Canadian even though he's American and very close friends with Sandra Bullock). He said he can introduce me to some of his friends and expand the AGentlemansJourney brand to something bigger. We'll see what happens but I would like more success from YT. If YT fixed their algorithms and notifications issue then that would help my channel quite a bit. 

10. Who inspires you the most in your life?

No one really. 

11. If you could meet a historical figure, who would it be?

Bruce Lee just because I was such a huge fan and was once into martial arts. If it had to be a REAL historical figure then perhaps Douglas MacArthur as I am a big history buff on WW2.

12. What fragrance started you into collecting fragrances?

Man, probably David Beckham's Signature. 

13. What was your first fragrance?

Ralph Lauren Polo Sport OR Stetson. I cannot remember which one but probably more so the Polo Sport. 

14. What is a fragrance that you love, but most people seem to dislike?

None, I only wear stuff that is AMAZING hahahaha. 

15. What is your most favorite and least favorite thing about the fragrance community?

My favourite thing is probably meeting a bunch of fellow reviewers and becoming friends with most of them. My least favourite is finding out which ones are backstabbing gossip queens. Trust me, there's a number of people who talk about other people behind their backs. I've been guilty of it in the past but I had to check myself hard and grow up. There's a lot of gossip queens. Another least favourite is the number of click baits and most complimented fragrance videos. 

16. What do you wish to see the fragrance community become?

More unity, less douchebags, trolls, and less clickbait bullcrap.


Conclusion

Thank you so much, Chad! For taking the time to help out a small-time blogger like me. I hope everyone enjoys a look into this man's life. Be sure to check out his channel(link below). He has tons of great content and has turned me onto a few hidden gems that I adore. I hope everyone has a good day and don't forget to say something positive to someone today!


Chad's channel AGentlemansJourney

Want insider news as to what I am working on? What I am testing? Any giveaways I might hold? Want to decide what topics for me to cover on my blog? Then join the Musings of the Fragheads Facebook group here!

Follow me on Instagram!

No comments:

Post a Comment