Thursday, February 21, 2019

Alexandria Barbershop Solid Fragrance Review

Source: www.alexandriafragrances.com

Good evening, everyone! I hope everyone had a spectacular day! I have another solid fragrance review from Alexandria for you tonight. This one is an original creation from E.j. Wells, who makes the solid fragrances for Hany. His brand, Happyland Studio produces this fragrance and he has plans to launch it in a spray form at some point. Let's get into it!

Disclaimer: E.j. did send me this one for review, but as always, it in no way impacts my opinion on the fragrance.

Notes


Lavender, Bitter Orange, White Musk, Grapefruit, Bergamot, Ambroxan, Orris Root


The Scent

(I am not going to go over the opening on this one, because it's a fairly linear fragrance, so I will just go over the dry down)

Dry Down

Barbershop is just what it says. A barbershop fragrance. Not an oakmoss bombs that our fathers/grandfathers wore. This is a fresh take on it. It's modern. It's orange with some clean white musk, accentuated by powdery lavender and orris root. You do get a slight bit of the tangy grapefruit as well. I don't pick up much ambroxan in it. It's mostly a fresh soapy fragrance. It's very pleasing, clean, and you won't offend anyone.

Performance

I am measuring around 10 hours of performance and 3 of projection. Put this on your neck and you will leave a cheerfully clean scent trail behind you for most of the workday. Very good performance, once again, from Alexandria's solid fragrance line.


When to Wear it

This is a barbershop fragrance. It can be worn at any time and anywhere. It's signature scent worthy. There is a reason that barbershop fragrances were so popular in the past. It's because of their versatility. Even if most were more suited for winter. The inclusion of grapefruit and orange help this one be wearable during the warmer months. It might be a bit too much in extreme heat though, but up to around 85F I think it would be fine. You can wear this casually, for dates, in a tuxedo, or out with the boys at the bar. This fragrance is good for 25+. However, I do think younger men who want to be taken seriously could pull this off.


Overall Impression

This is a modern barbershop fragrance that was done correctly. Soapy, fresh, and versatile. Definitive masculinity in a small can. I can't wait until E.j. comes out with the spray version of this. I certainly want to try that one as well. For now, the solid fragrance is certainly a very good fragrance and I am very happy to have it in my collection. The performance and craftsmanship here are top notch. This is one of the few fragrances that I would say is a safe blind buy, as long as you like fresh and soapy fragrances. E.j. did very well on this one.

Conclusion

Thanks for stopping by, everyone! Have a fantastic evening and don't forget to say something positive to someone. Also, feel free to follow me by email and hit the blue follow button! Your support means so much!

Buy Barbershop here

Want insider news as to what I am working on? What I am testing? Any giveaways I might hold? Want to decide what topics for me to cover on my blog? Then join the Musings of the Fragheads Facebook group here!

Follow me on Instagram!

5 comments:

  1. I have been interested in this one since it's release. I'm very pleased to find out that this will eventually get an extrait to parfum release.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe it will be in Extrait or Eau de Parfum. I am not sure which

      Delete
  2. Sweet review John! I am checking this out now. As you probably know, I love my Barbershop frags. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet review John! I am checking this out now. As you probably know, I love my Barbershop frags. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He has a new barbershop solid releasing soon as well. Stay tuned!

      Delete