Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Babylon Fragrances Majesty Review

Source: www.babylonfragrances.com

Hello, everyone! I am back once again, with another review. This time it's coming from a new clone house that is similar to DUA, Alexandria, and Genre Parfums. This house is called Babylon Fragrances. The owner's name is Ahmad Hamid. He was born in Iraq and moved to the US in 2009. He's a nice guy. He was posting about free samples in one of the groups and I messaged him about it. He sent me 4 samples to try out his house and review. That is why I am using a stock picture because I hate taking pictures of samples. This particular fragrance is their take on Royal Oud by Creed. Let's see how it holds up. I won't go over presentation in this one since I do not have a full bottle in hand to properly judge it.

Disclaimer: He did send me these samples, but as always, my opinion remains my own.


Notes 

Top

Lemon, Pink Pepper, Bergamot

Mid
Cedar, Galbanum, Angelica Root

Base
Indian Oud, Sandalwood, Tonkin Musk


The Scent

Opening


It's more synthetic than Royal Oud in the opening. It's a bit fresh too. I get more lemon in the opening. That greenness that Royal Oud has is there and it's a bit sharper, but far from unpleasant. The cedar is there, but not as pronounced and smooth as in Royal Oud. After the initial blast, the lemon starts to smell much better and I like the fresher opening on this over Royal Oud.


Dry Down

When it dries down, the lemon and citruses fade to the background and you are left with a very close iteration of Royal Oud. I was actually pleasantly surprised how close this one is in the dry down. I would say about 90% similar. Royal Oud has a bit more woodiness, while Majesty is a bit fresher and retains more of that minty type vibe. Majesty is also a bit lighter as a whole. I can't hardly detect any oud in either unless it's the medicinal type that is hiding in the background with the galbanum and angelica root. Overall, a pretty nice dry down that is pretty similar to Royal Oud.

Performance

I get around 8 hours with this one, as far as I can tell. So, that is comparable to Royal Oud. As far as performance goes, at least. The projection is a bit softer and I get around 2 hours of it with Majesty. The sillage trail is lovely and nearly identical to Royal Oud.

When to Wear it

Majesty, like Royal Oud, is best in cooler weather. It's best in the fall and winter. However, this is a lighter take on it, so I think this one would go well in the spring as well. I also believe this is a superb nighttime fragrance. This is more formal to me. You could get away with it in business casual attire as well. I would say this one is 25+ and for a working professional.


Overall Impression

I think this is a great alternative to Royal Oud. Is it better than Royal Oud? No, I don't think so. However, it is very good for its price and can serve as a viable alternative if you don't want to spend Creed prices. I do enjoy this take on it. Especially how it is a bit fresher. The performance is decent. Like with the other houses, maybe this one needs to macerate and it will be a bit stronger. As it is though, it's strong enough to compete with the famed Creed fragrance.


Conclusion

I hope you enjoyed this review. Ahmad is really working hard on this. You can go to his site and get a free sample of any fragrance he has in stock to give him a try. I would encourage you to do so. It's free...What can you lose? I will be reviewing a few more of his fragrances over the next two weeks, so stay tuned to get my take on them.

I hope everyone has a great day! Feel free to support my work by clicking the blue follow button and subscribing to be alerted by email when I post. Your support means so much to me! Remember to say something positive to someone today! You never know how much it helps!


Buy Majesty here

Get a free sample of any Babylon Fragrance in stock here (yes, they are spray samples, not vials)

Want insider news as to what I am working on? What I am testing? Any giveaways I might hold? Want to decide what topics for me to cover on my blog? Then join the Musings of the Fragheads Facebook group here!

Follow me on Instagram!




2 comments:

  1. I saw him post on a bunch of different FragComm groups. I'm interested in checking them out. Nothing really stood out to me because most of the clones have already been done rather successful by other houses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He has a few different ones, like an impression of Sublime Vanille.. I just received some more samples and they are pretty good.

      Delete