Monday, February 11, 2019

Alexandria Royal Equestrian Review

Source: www.alexandriafragrances.com

Hello, ladies and gentleman! I am so glad you could join me once again! This is going to be an entire week of Alexandria reviews. So, one review each day, minus "FragComm Friday" which is an interview with Hany himself. Forgive me for not posting for the last few days. I just turned 33 last week and I was somewhat busy. Back to the normal schedule of posting every day. Today I have Royal Equestrian from Alexandria Fragrances for you. This is their impression of Layton by Parfums de Marly. Let's do it!


Presentation

The presentation is the same as all of the other Alexandria fragrances. A black label with their logo and the fragrance name on the front. The accords on the right-hand side which read fresh spicy, aromatic, warm spicy, and woody. On the left side, there is some Arabic sort of writing and California on it. The cap and silver and plastic, but it works well and adds value to the presentation. The atomizer is very good and sprays a ton of juice.


Notes

Top

Citruses, Apple

Mid
Violet, Geranium

Base
Amber, Vanilla, Spices, Woody Notes


The Scent

Opening


This fragrance opens with some crisp apple and cardamom. There is also some sweet and natural smelling vanilla in there. You can pick up some lavender and sandalwood as well. The apple, vanilla, and cardamom take center stage though.

Dry Down

When the dry down comes you get a bit more sandalwood and what I suspect is some woody patchouli in there. The apple, vanilla, and spices(cardamom and cinnamon I think) are still dominant in this stage, but they are accompanied by some woody notes. It has somewhat of a JPG Le Male vibe underneath the apple and spice. I am not a fan of Le Male, but I like this one.

Performance

I don't think my bottle was aged as much as some of my others. I am getting around 8 hours from it, which is still amazing. I am hoping to get more when it matures a bit. The projection is solid for about 2-3 hours. The sillage leaves a great spicy cloud that will turn heads. It's a good performing fragrance, but not as good as my other Alexandrias. As I said though, I expect it to perform better when I let it age. 8 hours is still very good and nothing to scoff at for sure.

When to Wear it

Most people say this is a cooler weather fragrance. I disagree. I think this can be worn in any weather besides super hot summer days. It's somewhat light for a super cold winter fragrance, so I think it could work in warmer months as well. It's very versatile. It's fresh, a little bit sweet, and spicy. I do think this one is best worn casually though, it might be okay for work as well, but I wouldn't suggest this as a suit and tie fragrance. It can work for any age group as well.


Overall Impression

I really like this one. It's a nice versatile fragrance with decent performance. It could easily be a signature scent for someone. While I do think it can be worn in warmer weather, I do think it's better suited for the cold because of the vanilla. I didn't get any compliments with it yet, but I have only worn it 3 times. I enjoy wearing it and think it is well worth the price. I have only smelled Layton once, so I am not going to compare the two due to unfamiliarity, but I like this one more than Layton. At least what I remember of Layton.

Hany is making some really good fragrances and this is another one that I love. Be sure to check Alexandria out and try a sample pack. You can choose 7 5ml samples for $50. GIves you a good chance to try out stuff and see what you like. You really can't go wrong with his customer service and prices.


I hope everyone enjoyed this review. Until tomorrow, keep smelling great and say positive things! Remember to hit that blue follow button to support my work!


Buy Royal Equestrian here

Buy a sample pack here

Join the Musings of the Fragheads Facebook Group here

12 comments:

  1. yOU SHOULD HAVE WHAT IT SMELLS LIKE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What do you mean? I broke down the notes and stuff. Did you want something different?

      Delete
  2. I must have gotten a golden batch of this because right out of the gate the performance was amazing for me. It has only gotten better being matured a good 4 months. Great review and one of my favs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yours was probably aged more than mine was. Not sure.

      Delete
  3. These notes sound really nice! I love how thorough you are John. I can smell it through your description of it. Excellent review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These notes sound really nice! I love how thorough you are John. I can smell it through your description of it. Excellent review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whats your update on the review

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's still a great fragrance. I am getting around 10 hours performance out of it.

      Delete