Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Babylon Fragrances Sacred Review (BR540 Extrait Impression)

Source: www.babylonfragrances.com

Hey, folks! Sorry that I took a little hiatus this weekend. I was very busy doing a lot of things and didn't have time to blog. Here we are again though! Today, I am bringing you another Babylon fragrance, Sacred, which was inspired by MFK BR540 Extrait. I will preface this and say that I did receive a free sample of this and that I have not smelled BR540 Extrait before. Let's get into it!

Notes

Top
Bitter Almond, Saffron

Mid
Egyptian Jasmine, Cedar

Base
Ambergris, Musk, Woody Notes


The Scent

Opening


Sacred opens very sweet, almost like a fruity sweet, with a bit of darkness to it. Which I assume is the saffron being accented by the sweet ambergris. You get a little bit of some nuttiness from the almond, but not much. The jasmine is also noticeable with its sweet chamomile type vibe.


Dry Down

When this fragrance dries down, it still remains very sweet. Others have reported that BR540 smells like latex or a dentist's office. I get that from Sacred as well, so I assume the two are similar in that regard. It does have a bit of woody cedar in it as well as the nutty almond, but it's very well blended outside of the sweetness and it's hard to discern all of the notes individually. I cannot detect what the other woody notes in this fragrance are. I assume the musk used is a very sweet white musk which lends to this composition, but I cannot individually detect it.


Performance

I am getting around 10 hours of longevity with this one. It projects for around 3 hours before becoming a fragrance that sits around 6 inches from the skin. At around the 6-hour mark, it becomes a skin scent. It leaves an impressive and intoxicating sillage trail that will most likely turn heads. So, needless to say, this one performs well.

When to Wear it

This one is very sweet, so it's safe to say this is for colder weather. This seems like one that would be cloyingly sweet in the warmer weather. Despite the latex type vibe, I think this one is more upscale and refined and should be used when you are at least slightly dressed up.  This fragrance is suitable for any age and gender. I don't think it leans more feminine or masculine. It's very much in the middle to me.

Overall Impression

This fragrance is like a sweet poem from one star-crossed lover to another. It tells its own story and does it with style. It's unique and heartfelt. It's like a person who does not seek attention, but they get it anyway because their kindness and personality draw you in. I know you probably heard "latex" and thought, "Why would I want to smell like that?", but the truth be told, this fragrance is so much more than that vibe. It has a personality to it that is hard to describe. So, my overall impression is this fragrance is really good and I am impressed with how much quality this one has, considering it's a clone. I wish I could tell you how close it is to BR540 Extrait, but I cannot. All that I can tell you is that if you like sweet fragrances, then you will probably love this one.


Conclusion

I hope you enjoyed my review of this newer house. Ahmad is a good guy and I want to see him be successful. He is coming out with some really good stuff and has plans for some originals as well. Being that he is from Iraq, I am excited to see his personal take on his original fragrances. I am hoping for his version of something that is very Middle Eastern in composition with some potent oud. He has good things in his future, for sure.

Don't forget to subscribe to receive email notifications when I post and to hit that blue follow button to support me! Have a great day everyone and remember to say something positive to someone today!


Buy Sacred here

Want insider news as to what I am working on? What I am testing? Any giveaways I might hold? Want to decide what topics for me to cover on my blog? Then join the Musings of the Fragheads Facebook group
 here!

Follow me on Instagram

2 comments:

  1. I have heard some people explain that BR540 (Extrait included)or its clones have a a latex glove smell. I never got that vibe or sort of characteristic. From that it put me off from trying the fragrance. When I first smelled it I was in love and to this day is a staple in my collection. So lesson learned you have to try a fragrance for yourself regardless of what others say. That's why fragrances are so subjective.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get the latex smell, but I still love it. I can't explain it, but it's just amazing.

      Delete