Thursday, February 14, 2019

Alexandria Forbidden Plum Solid Fragrance Review

Credit: www.alexandriafragrances.com

Hello, ladies and gentleman. Welcome back to another solid fragrance review. Today, I am reviewing Alexandria's Forbidden Plum, which is inspired by Tom Ford's Plum Japonais. Heralded as the best plum fragrance by many, this fragrance has a lot to live up to. Hany did send me this one for review. Let's see if it can compete!

Presentation

This fragrance comes in the same presentation as Black Tie Affair, but with a purple background instead of black. Very nice and classy. Also, very fitting for this plum dominant fragrant.

Notes

Japanese Plum, Plum Blossom, Oud, Amber, Saffron, Cinnamon, Immortelle, Camelia, Vanilla, Fir, Benzoin


The Scent

Opening

Forbidden Plum opens with ripe, fruity, and strong Japanese plum and spicy saffron. It also has some slightly medicinal oud that is accented by amber, vanilla, and soft florals. It's very beautiful and luxurious.  Smells close to the Plum Japonais on the opening, but the plum is much stronger in this one.

Dry Down

This is where it gets more complex. the plum and plum blossom are still very dominant with the oud and amber. However, they blend very well and share a stage with the saffron, which is both spicy and floral which resembles iris somewhat. Fresh iris from a field though, not powdery iris like in Dior Homme. It's a very oriental fragrance, befitting of a peaceful Japanese field of luxury florals and plum trees in your mind. It's very sweet, spicy, and it simply smells amazing.


Performance

I get around 9 hours from Forbidden Plum, which given its price tag is a steal. It projects for around 3 and leaves a nice sillage trail that will turn heads. Especially if you live in my area where plums aren't very common.

When to Wear it

Forbidden Plum is a nighttime fragrance. It's a great date night fragrance when you are dressed up a bit. It can be worn in the day time as well, but it favors nighttime wear. This one is so sweet that it should be only used in cooler weather. This should be worn with at least business casual clothing. It befits any age, but keep in mind that it's sweet and have a floral vibe. It is decidedly unisex.


Overall Impression

I love this one. Not as much as Black Tie Affair, but it's my second favorite that I was sent. I will certainly get some wearings out of this one. I did receive a compliment in a drug store when I stopped to get my mom's meds for her. The woman who complimented me said I smelled "fruity and delicious". So, it does get compliments.

I am very glad to have this in my collection and it is a great fragrance to get instead of paying Tom Ford Private Blend prices for Plum Japonais. So, yes I think it measures up and possibly even surpasses it. I haven't smelled Plum Japonais for a while and would need to test it again to make my final verdict. As it stands though, Forbidden Plum is an excellent fragrance by itself and does not smell cheap at all. It's a sure winner in my book and I am very happy to have it in my collection.


Conclusion

I hope you enjoyed this one. Stay tuned for more! Hit that blue follow button to support my work! Until next time, keep bringing people smiles with beautiful smells and positive words! Have a great day everyone!


Buy Forbidden Plum here

Want insider news as to what I am working on? What I am testing? Any giveaways I might hold? Want to decide what topics for me to cover on my blog? Then join the Musings of the Fragheads Facebook group here!

No comments:

Post a Comment