Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Alexandria FUntastic Review

Source: Alexandriafragrances.com

Hello, everyone! Welcome back! It brings me tons of joy to see you back here again. To those who are new here, welcome! I hope you enjoy this article. Today, I will be covering Alexandria's FUntastic, which is an inspiration of Tom Ford's F'ing Fabulous(called TF FF from here on out). I have never smelled TF FF before, but this one is an interesting fragrance. Hany did send me this one for review. Let's get into it!


Notes

Leather, Clary Sage, Bitter Almond, Cashmeran, Orris Root, Tonka Bean, White Woods, Amber, Vanilla, Lavender


The Scent

Opening


Right off the bat, FUntastic punches you in the face with a very potent dosage of bitter almond, clary sage, and leather. These notes persist through the dry down as well. The cray sage smells somewhat herbal and leathery. The leather smells raw and suede-like. The orris is powdery, but it doesn't smell like makeup. Some people have likened the opening to a baby wipe, but I don't get that. I get more leather and bitter almond. Very strong opening that can be offputting for many. Don't judge this fragrance by the opening.

Dry Down

When FUntastic dries down it becomes a bit more powdery. The lavender and orris are the culprits for that. The potent bitter almond note is still there. It mingles with some woody nuances, dry and warm amber, and semi-sweet vanilla that is accentuated by roasted tonka bean. Don't let these notes fool you, I would not classify this as a gourmand. It is most certainly more powdery and aromatic than gourmand, even with the potent dosage of bitter almond. Sometimes I pick up some sort of cumin vibe, like the stuff you put on tacos, but without the peppery spices.


Performance

This fragrance has outstanding performance. I get around 10 hours with 4 of those being projection. It leaves a massive sillage trail and can fill a room while projecting. Be very careful with this one, this fragrance can be very offensive if over sprayed. I suggest no more than 3 sprays.

When to Wear it

This fragrance is no doubt a cooler weather one. The strong almond and leather nuances, matched with powdery elegance certainly fit the cooler months better than the summer. I wouldn't wear this one formally, but business casual and casual should work fine with it. It's probably too unique to wear to work though. As I said before, it can be offensive.


Overall Impression

I like it, but I don't love it. This is the one I was talking about being neutral on in my Hafez 1984 review. It's a very strange fragrance, but it does draw me into it. I think it will grow on me and eventually turn into a love, but as of right now, it's just a like. It has beastly performance and smells very unique. However, I certainly suggest sampling this one. If you do not like bitter almond, then this one is not for you. I am not sure if I would wear this one much. I am going to sit on it and let it mature a bit before trying it out again. Even if the warm weather is only a month or so away here. I might have to wait until next year to get some good wearings from this one. I am intrigued to see how it develops because it's such an interesting and unique fragrance.


I hope everyone enjoyed this one. Remember to smash that blue follow button! I will be reviewing only Alexandria Fragrances this week and the rest of them will be solid fragrances. Until next time, keep smelling great and remember to say something positive to someone today!

Buy FUntastic here

Get a sample pack here

Join the Musings of a the Fragheads Facebook Group here (I just started this group and it would be really cool to have people join and watch it grow)

2 comments:

  1. I have put this one off for a while due to unsure how I would like it. Great review yet again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very polarizing. It's certainly not a blind buy worthy one.

      Delete