Tuesday, February 19, 2019

7 Reasons Why Overspraying is Bad

Source: www.pixabay.com

Greetings once again, earthlings! I hope everyone had a fantastic day! I was just inspired to write this article tonight after looking at a few threads that I have seen pop up recently. This will be my take on overspraying a fragrance. I know this is controversial to most people, but I am going to give you my opinion on it. Let's get into it!


1. Allergies

Some people have allergies to certain chemicals. Also, some have asthma. Granted, some might not be as bad as others. We should still practice restraint. Just because we love something doesn't mean everyone else will. We should seek to smell good and still be courteous to those around us. I know we want to smell good and want everyone to experience our amazing new fragrance, but not everyone will.


2. Going Anosmic

If you are a habitual oversprayer, then you are fatiguing your nose. It will get less sensitive with time and it will stop smelling things properly. That may be why you will feel the need to overspray, due to you being anosmic to many lighter smells. The nose is like every other sense..if you sit in front of a computer all day, then your eyes will get tired and blurry. The same thing goes for your nose.


3. Projection

Yes, you will get more projection with more sprays. However, some fragrances are meant to not project because they will be cloying if they do. Like La Nuit de l'Homme, it's more sensual and draws people in to smell it. This is intentional. You don't always need to announce to everyone in the room that you are wearing a fragrance. Sometimes the best-kept secrets are the things not everyone knows.


4. Compliments

Overspraying might get you compliments a few times, but most often you will be known as the guy who "wears too much cologne". It will force many people to avoid you because of your strong smell. No one wants to be around someone who has a smell that chokes them out. Not everyone wants to smell 8 sprays of Kouros. If you really seek compliments out to improve your self-esteem, then I don't know what to tell you. I am not a professional in that field.


5. Too Much Fragrance Stinks

Have you ever smelled someone who doesn't wear deodorant? I am sure we all have. It stinks...Really badly. The same thing goes with fragrances. Too much of a good thing is a bad thing. It can be nauseating, headache-inducing, and just plain unpleasant. I don't suggest being that guy.


6. Overspraying to Cover Body Odor

If you don't take a shower and try to spray fragrance on to mask it...You still stink, dude. A fragrance will only make it worse. Unwashed underarms and Bleu de Chanel mixed smells like a tree you used to scratch your sweaty butt with. Don't be that guy. Leave the college days of skipping showers in college. Let's be grown-ups and take showers at least daily.

7. Overspraying to Smell the Opening

Yes, some fragrances have wonderful openings. If you want to experience that again, then spray it on a tester strip or paper. Not your skin. There is no need to periodically put 12 sprays of fragrance on yourself to smell the opening or get it to project again.


Conclusion


Sorry Doug, I am not a believer in the #FullDoug. To each their own. These are just things we should all consider when wearing a fragrance. I personally never go beyond 5 sprays. I tried to do 9 sprays of Noble Soul at home, but I just thought it was a waste.

I hope everyone had a good day. Remember to say something positive to someone today and don't overspray! Much love to all of you, even those who are going to get mad at me for this article! Feel free to hit that blue follow button and support my content! Subscribe for email updates and never miss another post again!


Want insider news as to what I am working on? What I am testing? Any giveaways I might hold? Want to decide what topics for me to cover on my blog? Then join the Musings of the Fragheads Facebook group here!

My Instagram 


7 comments:

  1. This is a great topic. I feel you can really judge a person's character by how much they spray and what they spray.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Depending on the fragrance’s performance which covers longevity, projection, and sillage, determines how much and where to spray. EDT’s and cologne strength scents get more sprays in contrast to EDP, Parfums, and extrait versions. I typically spray one shot to both sides of my neck just below my ears. One shot each to the inside of my wrists and the crook of my elbows. I may spray to the chest of my shirt only if the performance is lacking. In the past, I used to spray 2 shots in front of me and walk through the sprays but stopped because even though the distribution was great I was still wasting valuable juice ;)

      Delete
  2. thanks, i needed this to remind myself!

    ReplyDelete