Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Alexandria Je Suis Une Femme Solid Fragrance Review

Source: www.alexandriafragrances.com

Hello, good folks! I hope everyone is having a fantastic day today! It's a cool and rainy day here. Well, it's supposed to rain for the rest of the week. I am not complaining though! I love it! There is nothing like sitting down with a hot cup of Earl Grey with a dash of milk on a rainy day and doing some writing! ANyways, enough of my pointless rambling! Let's get int my first feminine fragrance review, Je Suis Une Femme by Alexandria Fragrances. This one is a solid fragrance that was inspired by Coco Chanel Eau de Parfum. Let's get into it!

Disclaimer: E.j. Wells(the gentleman who makes these for Hany) did send this to me for review. It does not alter my opinion of the fragrance in any way.


Notes


Bulgarian Rose, Cloves, Coriander, Civet, Opoponax, Amber, Peach, Mimosa, Jasmine, Sandalwood, Orange Blossom, Mandarin Orange, Labdanum, Clover, Vanilla, Tonka Bean


The Scent

Opening


For the opening, this fragrance smells of sweet florals with some animalic and sweet civet.  I get a little bit of the amber, but it's not the warm and golden kind. it's more sweet and soapy. It has a soapy feel to it, which is probably a result of the powdery rose. I don't get any of the clove that Coco Chanel is fabled for, but it could be there, perhaps it is just blended very well into the composition.

Dry Down

Je Suis Une Femme dried down to a sweet soapy rose and civet. This fragrance is animalic and certainly an ode to classic perfumery, as is Coco Chanel. I detect a slight hint of clove in this phase, but it's not super spicy. It's a very smooth and tame clove note. The sweetness of the peach comes out during this phase as well, but it's not a freshly sliced one that is juicy. It's more like smelling the fuzzy skin of one. I also detect a slight whisper of something woody, which is probably the sandalwood.


Performance

This fragrance will last at least 10 hours. I kept getting whiffs of it for around 4 hours. I am not sure about the actual projection because I didn't wear this one outside the house. It's way too feminine for me to be comfortable wearing it in public. Judging by the strength of this one, I would say it would leave an impressive sillage as well.

When to Wear it 

This fragrance is pretty strong. I am no expert on women's fragrances(nor do I claim to be on men's fragrances either), but I would say this one is too strong for warmer months. It's classy and elegant, so I think it befits a woman who likes to dress in nice clothes and enjoy finer things in life. I would say this is for women 30+. I am a 33-year-old man and I enjoy it. So, I assume women in their 30s would as well.


Overall Impression

I really like this one. I obviously wouldn't wear it myself, as I stated above, but I would love for a woman to wear this one around me. It exudes a certain aura of distinct femininity that I enjoy. It treads the line between clean and soapy coupled with dirty and animalic. It's very interesting. This fragrance reminds you of why Chanel was and still is such a staple brand for women's fragrances.I had a friend who used to wear Coco Chanel and this is how I remember it smelling. So, to my nose, it's a dead-ringer for it.


Conclusion

I hope you folks enjoyed my first female fragrance review! I am down to do more feminine fragrances if it is requested, but I don't buy full bottles because I don't wear them. So, only when I can get samples or things sent to me will I review female fragrances. I hope everyone has a great day! Remember to say something positive to someone today! It might just make their day! Also, feel free to support my work by hitting that blue following button and subscribing through email!


Want insider news as to what I am working on? What I am testing? Any giveaways I might hold? Want to decide what topics for me to cover on my blog? Then join the Musings of the Fragheads Facebook group here!

My Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment