Saturday, November 30, 2019

Clean: Parfums de Marly Galloway Review

Source

Hey, folks! I hope everyone is doing well today. I haven't done very many single reviews lately, so I thought I would do another quick one. This one is Parfums de Marly Galloway. I have had this one for a while and I have worn it a few times. I received it as a free sample from www.myfragrancesamples.com. Let's get into it!


Notes

Musk, Citruses, Iris, Pepper, Orange Blossom, and Amber


The Scent

Opening

Galloway opens with a burst of soft grapefruit, a dash of lemon, and orange blossom. The orange blossom is more white floral than citrusy. It gives off a very clean vibe in the opening, one that will persist through the life of this fragrance. The opening is pleasant, but it smells like it's cheap quality. There is no real definition from the notes. It just smells muddled together and soft.


Dry Down

Once the heart comes out, you get a bit of powdery iris, but not the lipstick kind. It retains a bit of its floral smell during this phase. You get the slightest hint of black pepper, but it's nothing to write home about. The citruses remain there to give a little freshness to the powdery iris and the clean musk, which is starting to emerge.

Once this fragrance dries down you are left with a bland concoction of powder with soft citruses and musk. It smells quite cheap, similar to something a $20 fragrance would smell like.


Performance

Galloway is a decent performer as a skin scent, lasting around 10 hours on skin, but with a very soft projection and sillage. This is a fragrance made to not get you noticed, so it makes sense that it doesn't project very well.


When to Wear it


This is a warmer weather fragrance. It's versatile and can be worn for anything from a casual white t-shirt to a suit.

It's distinctively unisex. It doesn't lean more in either direction.

This would be okay as a summertime office fragrance.


Overall Impression

Galloway is a huge miss for me. I love classic powdery fragrances, but this just smells cheap and boring to me. It has no life in it. There is nothing to draw you in. The ingredients seem to be low-quality besides the iris, which is actually quite nice and natural smelling. It just seems like whoever blended this fragrance wanted something safer than safe and PdM only gave them a small salary for ingredients.

This one had the potential to be better if it had more of a citrus pop and a better orange blossom note. It ultimately fails as another ordinary musky fragrance that smells like you could pick it up for 20 bucks at TJ Maxx. Such a shame.


Conclusion

I know I don't normally trash fragrances this hard, but I don't understand why this has so many positive reviews. Were they paid for them? This fragrance isn't special in any way, but maybe that is where the charm is for some people? I don't know. I certainly wouldn't pay over $40 for it. It's just not good enough and it wouldn't get any wearing because I have fragrances similar to it that have more interesting scent profiles.

I hope you enjoyed this quick review. Be blessed and have an amazing holiday season!


Want to learn how to support my work? Click here

Want insider news as to what I am working on? What I am testing? Any giveaways I might hold? Want to decide what topics for me to cover on my blog? Then join the Musings of the Fragheads Facebook group here! I also post every article I write in here, so that might be an easier way for you to see every post I do!

Follow me on Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment