Friday, November 15, 2019

Got Beard? Sphinx Beard Oil Review

Source: www.sphinxbeard.com

Hello, ladies and gentleman! Probably mostly gentleman for this one, unless we have any Dwarven ladies out there! I hope everyone has had a fantastic week. I just wanted to say that I appreciate the outpour of support from everyone because of my last article. I enjoyed hearing all of your stories that you shared publicly or the ones you messaged to me. It really warmed my heart to see such love and support go around. We need more of that!

Today, I have my first ever beard oil review. It's from Sphinx Beard, which is a company owned by Hany Hafez's brother, Mohamed. As the story goes, their family has been making beard oils for a long time. They recently set up operations in the US to start producing them here and sharing them with American customers. Which is lucky for us.

Now, I will be the first to tell you that I am not an expert on beard oil. I have tried my fair share of beard oils though. So, take this as a perspective from a guy who loves fragrances, but also has a beard. I will do my best. Let's get into it!

I did receive a sample kit for free to review from Sphinx Beard. I was not compensated or influenced for a positive review in any way. All of my opinions are strictly my own.


Presentation

As I said previously, I received a sample kit from them. It includes 6 1 dram vials with an assortment of fragrances. The box it comes in is quite nice. I couldn't get a good picture of the box, but I will link a Youtube review of someone who showed the box to you.

Here is that Youtube review. This guy knows much more about beard oil than I do as well.

The box is black in color with "Sphinx Beard Oil" printed on the front in silver foiled text with a traditional sphinx character as the logo. The box closes with a magnetic flap, which I think is a cool touch that adds a bit of luxury to it.

The oils themselves come in a small black bottle that is snuggly fit into 6 foam slots. Each one has a black sticker with the Sphinx logo on it and the name of the scent printed on it.


The Scents

Some of the fragrances are inspired by other fragrances. Some of them are original creations from Alexandria's line. I assume Hany let his brother in on some of his recipes.


Chokecherry


Inspired by Tom Ford's Lost Cherry

Black Cherry, Bitter Almond, Cherry Liqueur, and Tonka Bean

A delectable scent of dark and juicy cherries with warm almonds and vanillic facets. A gourmandish delight for cherry lovers.


Smolder 

I think this one is Hafez Intense from Alexandria.

Coffee, Oud, Leather, Saffron, Sandalwood, Vanilla, Jasmine, and Tonka Bean

A dark and seductive concoction of leather, oud, and coffee with a touch of sweetness. The oud is slightly smoky and woody. It's not offensive at all. It's actually quite smooth and refined. A modern gentleman's scent.


Ancient Kingdom

Inspired by Parfums de Marly Herod

Tobacco, Vanilla, Incense, Cinnamon, and Osmanthus

A meticulous blend of tobacco, vanilla, and spice. Another darker fragrance. This one is a great beard oil for a date night. Super masculine, but with a softer side from the sweetness.


Black Desert

Inspired by Kilian's Black Phantom

Rum, Caramel, Dark Chocolate, and Coffee

A sexy and smooth blend of rum, chocolate, and caramel with a touch of roasted coffee. This one would be a great beard oil for a Christmas party.


Cinnamon Crumb

Inspired by Parfums de Marly Oajan

Honey, Cinnamon, Osmanthus, Tonka Bean, Vanilla, and Benzoin

This one smells like an apple pie. It's sweet and spicy. The tart and sweet osmanthus gives it the baked apple type vibe that people get from this one.


Hawaiian Pineapple

I think this one is Alexandria's Crazy Pineapple

Bergamot, Citruses, Pineapple, Green Apple, and Musk

This is pretty much just all of the citruses from Aventus without the woody notes and vanilla. It's a fruity Aventus with musk. Personally, my favorite parts are in here, so I quite like this one.


Performance

I have tried a lot of beard oils. Ranging from brands like Mountaineer to Jack Black. Most of them seemed about the same to me. They lasted about 4 to 5 hours. Sphinx's beard oils last much longer. Each blended has different carrier oils to work with the fragrance of the oil, so they vary a bit in how long they last. None of them lasted under 8 hours. The Smolder one lasted 12.

Needless to say these beard oils keep your beard happy for at least an entire workday. It also makes their 1oz bottles last a lot longer. Keep in mind that I trim my beard to be somewhat short, so if you have a longer beard, it might take more oil per application. I also have thick hair, so take that into account.

I am not sure how long the fragrances in these actually last. I assume for most of the duration of how long they last in your beard, but I don't think the scent projects very much, except for maybe the first hour or so.


Why Beard Oil?

A common thought process is that beard oil is for your beard, which isn't directly true. It's made for the skin under your beard. Your skin dried out because it uses its natural oils to nourish your beard. Beard oil helps nourish your skin, as well as your beard and reduces the amount of itch you will have.

Also, if you plan on growing out a beard, then beard oil is very useful in helping to reduce the itch while it grows. Some people claim it helps it grow faster, but I am not sure if I believe that and there is very little science to prove it.


Conclusion

I am just going to outright say it. These are the best beard oils I have tried so far. They work for what I need them for and they are very fairly priced. They also last 3 times as long as any other beard oil I have tried, including brands that are much more expensive.

Honestly, at first, I wasn't expecting too much from these because I know they deal mostly in fragrances. I was actually blown away and I quite enjoyed sampling these.

Now, don't take that as hype or anything. I fully suggest ordering a sample pack and seeing if they work for you. Everyone else who has tried them has loved them.

They have also started making beard balms, which I haven't been able to try yet. However, given the quality of these beard oils, I am certainly interested in them.

Also, Mohamed said he plans on adding 20 more scents to the lineup soon, so that is super cool. They already have quite a few options.

I hope everyone has a fantastic day. It was a pleasure to bring you my first beard oil review. Let me know in the comments or in a PM on Facebook if there is anything I could improve on or any information I left out. I plan on doing some more beard oil reviews. I might even bring in some candle reviews. Let me know if those would interest you as well.

Until next time, be kind. Love a lot and uplift people. You never know how much impact your words can have. I realized that after I posted my Veteran's Day article and people shared with me how my story impacted them. It's easy to be a jerk. It's difficult to be a gentleman. Stay bearded, my brothers.


I started up a Facebook page for my blog. It would be awesome if you could go give it a like, review, or rating. Feel free to be honest if you think I can improve! Link

Want to learn how to support my work? Click here

Want insider news as to what I am working on? What I am testing? Any giveaways I might hold? Want to decide what topics for me to cover on my blog? Then join the Musings of the Fragheads Facebook group here! I also post every article I write in here, so that might be an easier way for you to see every post I do!

Follow me on Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment