Sunday, March 3, 2019

How to Support my Blog

Source: www.pixabay.com

Good morning, folks! I hope everyone is having a fantastic start to the day! I have my standard tea and banana that I wake up to. Sp, all is good here in the Carolinas. I am going to do a topic that I have been requested to do from a few people. The topic is how to support my blog. There are many ways to do this and I would like to cover them to clear some of the confusion around it. It's not quite as straightforward as Youtube is. So, I will explain what the features do and what they are for. This also goes for several other blogs who use a similar format. Let's get into it!


Features

This section will go over the features of my blog, how to use them, and why they are there. I hope this makes accessing and using my blog much easier. I hope you learn a thing or two from it!


1. Followers




Followers help your blog turn up more on search engines. The more followers you have, the more likely it is to turn up on a search engine when someone Googles something like "Mugler Pure Malt review". It helps me get exposure to new demographics outside of the Facebook groups.

As you can see in the picture above, there is a list of all of my followers and a blue follow button. You can just click that and follow me. It just goes off of your G+ account. So, it really helps a lot when people do that.


2. Searching for Content my Blog




You can search my blog for any previous post if you put in some keywords that are used in the article. If you type in "Genre Parfums Noble Soul" you will get several articles that I mentioned it in. This is just a handy little feature if you are looking for something specific.


3. Email Updates


This is probably the most important one. This allows you to get notified by email whenever I post something. In other words, you will never miss when I post something. Sometimes it is a bit delayed in sending them out. However, you can read the entire article from the email and you never have to visit my site. So, this is very handy if you are not in my Facebook group to be notified whenever I post.


4. Labels


As you see on the right-hand side of the screenshot, I have a ton of labels. So, if you are looking for a particular fragrance house or season, you can click the label and you will see everything I have classed under that term. It's a pretty handy tool if you are looking for something a little broader than the search feature.



5. Contact

Here you will see a contact form. These messages will go directly to my email. If you prefer to email me directly, you can do so at johnharp86@gmail.com. Just be sure to title it with something that doesn't look spammy. You may also private message me on Facebook.


Alternative Ways to Support me

This section is a little bit different. These are ways that you can support the upkeep of my blog and allow me to continue to make content. As most of you probably know, I have no income right now because I take care of my mother who has a plethora of health illnesses. She is doing much better now and I should be getting back to at least part-time work here soon. As it stands when I type this, I am unemployed. So, my blog is pretty much entirely fueled off of people's generosity to allow me to review their products and friends who send me stuff to review.


1. Products

I am open to reviewing any fragrances. I don't follow any sort of algorithm. I don't prefer niche, designer, or indie fragrances. I enjoy fragrances as a whole. I am willing to review from samples, decants, or full bottles. Whether you are a company who wants me to review their fragrances or a single person that just wants to get the word out about a fragrance that you think is awesome., I will do either. Just note, for the companies, I do not accept monetary rewards for reviews. I only accept fragrances for an unbiased review. That is the only deal that I am willing to make. Feel free to reach out to me on Facebook or by email at johnharp86@gmail.com to discuss details.


2. Monetary Donations

This is something I have never covered before. I didn't really want to, in all honesty. Some of my friends asked me about it though, so I am going to cover it. I am willing to accept monetary donations through Paypal to support the blog. The money will 100% go towards buying fragrances or new equipment(i.e. a better camera) to help improve my blog, unless you state it can be used otherwise. I will provide screenshots or pictures of receipts to prove it, if you would like. I will be clear though, I don't need the money. This is solely a voluntary thing if you would like to help improve my blog. Others have asked about it, so I just thought I would bring it up. I will give you a shoutout in a blog post if you do, unless you wish to remain anonymous. You can reach out to me through Facebook or email if you wish to do that.


3. Encouragement or Discussion

All of you can feel free to add me on Facebook. I am always down to talk about fragrances if you want to. You can also join my Facebook group to see what I am working on. I will leave a link below. I enjoy all aspects of the art of fragrances and I would absolutely love to have a discussion with you about them.


Conclusion

I just want to thank all of you who have supported me. Those who have hosted giveaways, sent me products, or just talked to me about fragrances. You know who you are and I am very grateful for all of you. I am also grateful to all of the people who have continued reading my posts and commenting on them. You folks keep me motivated to continue!

Thank you for stopping by. Have a fantastic day and remember to say something positive to someone today! Be sure to follow and sign up for email updates!


My Facebook 

Want insider news as to what I am working on? What I am testing? Any giveaways I might hold? Want to decide what topics for me to cover on my blog? Then join the Musings of the Fragheads Facebook group
 here!

Follow me on Instagram!







2 comments:

  1. Gm Terry, I read ur blog and I understand you Brother.Your past of growing up and having to reach inside yourself to persevere makes you a WINNER, proud of you stepping up and taking care of your Mom, sounds like ur a stand up fella. Thanks for your service it means alot to me as my FATHER was a WWII vet along with about 10 uncles. I'm a CHRISTIAN and I'll be praying for you and your Mom.I don't know about your spirituality but The Lord Jesus CHRIST changed my life. I respect your willingness to put yourself "out there", You're a strong fella. Glad to meet and talk with you. Would be honored to talk with you anytime about anything πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ–’πŸ–’πŸ–’

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feel free to add me on Facebook if you'd like. My name is John Harper there

      Delete