Friday, March 1, 2019

FragComm Fridays: Joy Amin



Hello, fine folks! I hope everyone is having a fantastic day and is in good health and spirits! It's Friday once again and you know what that means! Another FragComm Fridays interview! This time I have Joy Amin, a Youtube reviewer that most of you know. What most of you don't know is that Joy actually was one of the reviewers who inspired me to start blogging. His review style of reviewing a myriad of fragrances made me think that I could do it too. I am nowhere near as popular as he is, but his style influenced me to start blogging and reviewing whatever I want to review. So, I want to personally thank him for inspiring me.  I also want to thank him for taking the time to do an interview for me. Now, let's get on with it! You folks came here to see what Joy has to say, not me!


The Interview

1. What is your favorite fragrance?

Amouage Interlude Man/MFK Grand Soir

2. What motivated you to become a fragrance collector?

From watching reviewers mostly. How they gave a whole new meaning to the fragrances, more and more I watched, I tested more. I bought more fragrances and it became part of my life 

3. Since you live in Bangladesh, what challenges do you have finding fragrances?

I think we get most of the fragrances thanks to our great sellers and providers, but some are hard to find or discontinued fragrances can be challenging to find. The prices would be much more premium compared to overseas.

4. How do you find time to do videos almost every day?

Haha, I believe that question was designed exclusively for me. I have made fragrances as part of my work. I just don’t feel right when I don’t post my SOTD or do a review. If you love something this much, it is very much possible. It is my blind love for fragrances.

5. Do you have a career outside of Youtube and decanting fragrances?

Not at this moment. I used to own a fast food/burger joint. I may start that at some point in my life, but what I really want is to own a store where there will be fragrances for everyone. people can come and sit at the shop and sniff/discuss fragrances and I can do live reviews from there. That is my dream

6. I imagine it's pretty warm in your country for most of the year. Do you get many chances to wear your cold weather fragrances?

Yes, correct. It’s pretty hot and humid for 7 months out of the year. We also have a rainy season and 3 months of nice cool weather. I stay mostly indoors so heavier fragrances are not difficult to pull off, but when the days are very hot and I’ll be outside I reach for my freshies. At night time if it’s breezy I will go one spray of any sweet or heavy fragrance.

7. What is the best and worst thing about the fragrance community?

The best thing for me is no matter from which geographical location or age/income group, the love for fragrances is the same. The worst thing for me is sad to say, there are a lot of negative fake people. They contribute nothing and speak ill of reviewers and that’s all they can do. The lack of maturity and real love for fragrances mainly. We could live without those.

8. What do you wish to see the fragrance community become?

I wish we could get to meet once a year. Include all of the fragrance enthusiasts from all over the world and that every government would support this Oscar equivalent even. Perhaps, one film where I can see all my favorite reviewers acting in different roles. Seriously, that would be something.

9. Do you have any plans for your Youtube channel that you can tell us about?

Yes, continue to collect and review fragrances until my last breath. So people can know about new, old, and lesser-known hidden gems. That’s pretty much it 

10. What is your favorite fragrance memory?

Once I wore CH Men Prive and my girlfriend was a good 50 feet away. She hadn't seen me yet, but she said, "I knew you were here because I smelled you apart from the public". It was a breezy winter evening. since then I LOVE CH Men Prive.

11. What smell do you love, but has not been accurately captured in a fragrance yet?

The smell of soil after the first rain of monsoon season. I haven’t smelled that in a fragrance yet, maybe there is, but I would love to find it.

12. What fragrance do you love, but most people seem to hate?

Kouros haha


13. Who is the most inspirational person in your life?

My Girlfriend. Chris Georgio AKA Mr. Sillage, my friend who will always live in my heart. Marc Robes08 , Chad, and Steven. I'm doing this whole fragrance thing being inspired by them. Not to mention all my brothers and sisters who support me every day, God bless everyone. 


Conclusion

Thank you once again, Joy! Be sure to check out his Youtube channel(link below). He has a wide array of reviews and has something for everyone's taste in fragrances. I hope everyone enjoyed this look into Joy's life and his perspective on things! If you wish to support my work, then you can feel free to hit that blue follow button and sign up to receive email notifications when I post. Have a great day! Remember to say something positive to someone today!


Joy's Youtube channel

Want insider news as to what I am working on? What I am testing? Any giveaways I might hold? Want to decide what topics for me to cover on my blog? Then join the Musings of the Fragheads Facebook group here!

Follow me on Instagram!

4 comments:

  1. Love Joy’s channel. He has inspired me to buy many fragrances. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. Joy was so excited to do this haha

      Delete
  2. I also really love his style of review as well. You can see the passion he has for fragrance in each video. What a great read

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, that is one thing about him that inspired me.

      Delete