Monday, March 4, 2019

Alexandria Fragrances Fructus Virginis Review


Sweet seductive cherries willingly lend their smoothness in a dance with an amaretto accord. So sweet, breathtaking, and alluring. The vanilla wants its turn as well, but it's too shy to ask for the center stage, so it bashfully hides in the corner, but manages to make its presence known. The sweet tonka manages to convince the vanilla to dance with it. Together, they become a beautiful concoction. They dance the night away in joyful synchrony. They don't care who is watching. They are doing their thing and doing it in their own style. It works for them and they are happy with being who they are. Together, their splendor exudes an aroma of pure bliss. This is the 5-star performance that much of the world will not see.

Hello, everyone! Good morning! I hope everyone is having a fantastic day today! Forgive the corny intro, but I am trying to be a bit more poetic. Let me know if you like it or not in the comments! Today, I have a new release for you, Alexandria's Fructis Virginis, which is inspired by Tom Ford's Lost Cherry. This fragrance should release sometime this week. "Should" is the keyword. Hopefully, it will. People are really comping at the bit to get their hands on this, and rightfully so. This was sent to me by Hany, since it's not for sale yet, then I didn't purchase it. My opinions are still my own. Hany never asks me to say anything about his fragrances.

Presentation

The presentation is slightly different than the other Alexandrias. It has a red label. This is the first Alexandria fragrance to have that. I like that touch because it makes it easier to spot in my growing Alexandria collection. Everything else is the same, so I will not cover those details.


Notes

Black Cherry, Bitter Almond, Cherry Liqueur, Griotte Syrup, Tonka Bean, Peru Balsam, Cedar, Sandalwood, Turkish Rose, Vetiver, Jasmine Sambac, Vanilla

(I added vanilla in there because I certainly pick it up in this)


The Scent

Opening

Fructus Virginis(FV from here on out) opens up with a blast of tart cherry flesh. It is by far the most dominant note in this fragrance. Drizzle in some vanilla and griotte syrup(sour cherry syrup) to add some sweetness. Also, I get an amaretto accord from the almond note mixed with the cherry liquor. It's very sweet and powerful in the opening. It smells very rich, deep, and decadent.

Dry Down

The cherry notes start to mingle in a more friendly manner with the amaretto, vanilla, tonka, and cedar here. It turns into a more blended fragrance. The cherry is still the focal point and it only likes to share the stage with the amaretto during the entire life of the fragrance. The vanilla, tonka, cedar, and balsam mingle in a friendly manner behind those two notes. It's a very sweet and gourmand fragrance. It's simply breathtaking. I don't notice any sort of vetiver or jasmine in this one. I do get a slight hint of what could be some candied rose. The sandalwood is creamy and is a supporting actor to the sweetness of this fragrance. After a while, the cherry elements fade to the back and this fragrance becomes more of a balsamic sandalwood with vanilla scent.

Performance


I get around 8 hours of longevity. 2 hours of that are projection. It's a much better performer than Lost Cherry, or so I hear at least. I have not tried Lost Cherry. It leaves a decent sillage trail for about 6 hours. I think once it ages a bit more then it will get even better performance. This is a new release, so the batch is only about 3 weeks old.

When to Wear it

FV is a very sweet fragrance, as I have already stated a few times. It works best for cool to cold weather and at night time. This is a great date night fragrance. It has an err of sophistication about it, so I don't think this would be a clubbing fragrance, despite its sweetness. It can be worn by any age and gender, but I think it suits a working professional more than someone in college.

Overall Impression

Fructus Virginis is a very good release, considering the richness and depth of this fragrance. I cannot compare it to the Tom Ford, but as a standalone fragrance, this is one of the best Alexandrias I have tried to date. I really enjoy this one. I just wish it was released earlier in the year. It's already warming up a bit here, so I won't get too many wearings out of it. However, that will let it age nicely for when it cools down again. This one will get a huge amount of hype. It's just a very likeable fragrance and you will regret it if you are late to try this one out.

Make sure to put it on your wishlist, so that you will be notified when it purchasable. This one might sell out a few hours after it drops, so be mindful of that. Don't be the guy/gal that is behind and has to wait for a restock.



Conclusion

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed this one. Have a great day everyone! Remember to say something kind to someone today. You never know how much it could help them!

As always, take care until next time and hit that blue follow button and sign up to receive email updates if you enjoy my work. It really helps me!



Buy Fructus Virginis here

They are also releasing a solid version with it. Purchase that here

Want to learn how to support my work? Click here

Want insider news as to what I am working on? What I am testing? Any giveaways I might hold? Want to decide what topics for me to cover on my blog? Then join the Musings of the Fragheads Facebook group here!

Follow me on Instagram!


5 comments:

  1. fantastic review sir, agree to all the points. waiting for my personal bottle to arrive soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope it's already on its way. THhis one will sell out soon when it is launched.

      Delete
  2. I have a sample of this beauty...and omfg this is amazingly delicious....fruty slight boozy cherry candy like tart opening for the first 30 minutes is amazing and the drydoen is out of tgis world with cherry almond vanilla

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fructus has the most sweetest tarty delicious opening...it's stil there in the drydown 9/10

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is a rather linear fragrance, although not completely. It is quite nice though. Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete