Thursday, March 21, 2019

Zaharoff Signature Review



Hey, everyone! I hope everyone is doing well today! So, I have a story about this one. I was watching Brooklyn Fragrance Lover's channel and the way Steven and Carlos explained it was amazing, so I ordered a free sample of it from him. He sent it to me with "Besh wishes. John". I then posted it on IG, saying I was going to review it soon. George Zaharoff, the owner and creator of the brand, contacted me on IG and offered to send me a full bottle. He's a super nice guy and very positive. I accepted the offer and the bottle came in last week, so here we are. This is a really great fragrance, but it was sent to me by George. My opinions remain my own, as always. Let's get into it!

Presentation

The box(not pictured) has a gold plaque like feel on the front with the box being black. A very classy feel. On the inside, there is an insert that says, "Today is going to be a good day" with a stamp that says this is bottle 279 out of 500. On the inside of the box lid, he personally wrote "Best wishes, John" on it. I really enjoyed the experience of opening the box and seeing all of the care he put into it. As you know, I love spreading positive vibes, so I whole-heartedly enjoyed it. I will link BFL and Steven's review down below. You can actually see the box in their review.

The bottle resembles a flask, as Carlos pointed out in his review. The cap is bronzed with the Zaharoff "Z" on both sides. It is plastic, but not a flimsy and cheap kind. The juice is a dark grey It says Zaharoff Signature Pour Homme on the front.

I really enjoyed the presentation on this one. The special little touches really impressed me.

Notes

I am copying these from Nordstrom's site, since they seem to be the only site that lists them.

Top
Lavender, Black Pepper, Juicy Pear, Fresh Cardamom, Blue Cypress

Mid
Temple Oud, Florentine Iris, Ginger Root, Blonde Cedar, Fir Balsam, Pimento Leaves

Base
Olibanum Tears, Creamy Sandalwood, Gold Patchouli, Black Amber, Skin Musk, Haitian Vetiver

The Scent

Opening


This fragrance opens very soapy with a bit of olibanum. It's darker and potent. As Steven said in his review, it does harken back to an older fougere. I think it's more modern though. It's also much darker than any fougere I have smelled before. The lavender is very potent in this, along with the iris. I get a bit of oud and cedar in the opening as well. The oud is very westernized and tame though, so don't expect this to be an oud bomb.

Dry Down

Some of the black pepper and cardamom give this a bit of spice to keep it decidedly masculine. The cedar, iris, lavender, and oud do stay in the picture as the front-runners though. Some of the green patchouli and amber comes out now as well. I think the amber is very dark and lends to this composition beautifully. I get a slight hint of ginger as well. I think the musk mainly accentuates the florals to give this an overall clean vibe.

Performance

I get around 8-9 hours on skin, with about 2 1/2 of those being good projection. I get wafts of this one throughout the day. It leaves a really nice sillage trail as well. It's a really good performer in all honesty and it passes my expectation for this sort of fragrance.

When to Wear it

This fragrance is deep, dark and sensual. I think it's better for cooler weather and best suited for night time, but it can certainly be worn during the day. I think it had too much depth and would be cloying on a summer day. I think it would work dressed up for the most part, but I think it could be worn casually, but not with jeans and a t-shirt. This stuff has an aura of class to it and I think it should be used when you wear at least in a sweater and khakis. This would be a fantastic date night fragrance as well.

Overall Impression

This fragrance is very high quality and very smooth. It's not cheap though, $95 for 60ml. Although, when you consider the quality compared to brands like Chanel and Dior, then this one seems pretty cheap (price-wise) compared to them, since I think it stomps both brands on a quality basis. George actually has a Youtube channel where he showed the process of finding ingredients and for this fragrance. It is a good watch. It helped me feel connected to the fragrance to see where the ingredients came from. He has more episodes coming out soon He really put his heart and soul into this fragrance and you can tell he did. It really is a beautiful fragrance. I would actually gladly pay full retail for this one. I don't say that about many fragrances, but this one is really that good. Try to get a sample from him and you will see what I mean. George is also a great person. I enjoyed his positive words and light-heartedness in our conversations. I always love helping those who seek to spread positivity throughout the world. We need more nice people.

Conclusion

I hope everyone enjoyed this one. Be sure to check out my link below to check out BFL's review and the story behind the fragrance on Youtube. I hope everyone has a fantastic day and remember to say something positive to someone today. You never know how much that can help someone. As my insert in my box said, "today is going to be a stellar day"!


BFL's Review with Steven

Buy Zaharoff Signature here

Check out the fragrance's story on Youtube!

Want to learn how to support my work? Click here

Want insider news as to what I am working on? What I am testing? Any giveaways I might hold? Want to decide what topics for me to cover on my blog? Then join the Musings of the Fragheads Facebook group here!

Follow me on Instagram!

3 comments: