Friday, March 1, 2019

Babylon Fragrances Luxurious Review (TF F'ing Fabulous Impression)


Hey, folks! I hope everyone is doing fantastic today! I am coming at you with another review from Babylon Fragrances, the new clone house in town. Luxurious is an inspiration of Tom Ford's F'ing Fabulous. Ahmad did send me a full bottle of this to review, but as always, my opinions are solely my own. Let get into it!


Presentation

Babylon fragrances come in a matte black bottle with a plastic gold cap. The sticker on the front gives you all of the information about the fragrance. There is also a small oval sticker on the bottom of the bottle which has some information as well. The atomizer is gold, just like the cap. It's one of the longer necked ones, like the old Alexandria bottles used to have. The atomizer on mine performs like a squirt gun. I am not sure if that is how they are supposed to perform or if I just received a faulty one. Either way, it works. Just make sure to spray it far away from your skin or you will soak whatever you spray it on. I like the whole black and gold vibe.


Notes

Tonka Bean, Clary Sage, Leather, Bitter Almond, Orris Root, Cashmeran, Lavender, Vanilla, Woody Notes, Amber


The Scent

Opening

Luxurious opens up harshly and with a punch to your olfactory sense. Raw leather, herbal clary sage, and bitter almond combine to make the opening quite unpleasant to me. I think the raw leather is the main culprit for that. There is also some powdery orris in there, which is stronger than in the Alexandria version. It's not the makeup kind though, it's more of a clean powdery kind.

Dry Down

This one gets much better about 30 minutes after application. The raw, but refined leather settles into a powdery bed of clary sage, orris, and lavender. The bitter almond is still very strong, but it is blended well into the leather and powder. The tonka does it's part to provide that hay feeling, but without making this fragrance feel like you might step in a cow patty. It also undoubtedly accentuates the almondy facets. Like the Alexandria version, there is some sort of cumin vibe in here. It adds a bit of warmness to the composition. The vanilla is quite faint, but it does lend some sweetness to it.

Performance

Luxurious is giving me around 10-11 hours of performance with 3 of those being projection. The sillage trail is quite nice, from what I heard from people around me. I think this one probably smells a bit better in the air than on the skin. When you first spray this it will fill a room, until it settles into a scent bubble that hovers around 6 feet away from you.


When to Wear it

Cool to cold weather. This one is very leather and rich. It has a deep density to it. It's probably best for night time wear. I originally thought the Alexandria one was more casual, but after wearing that one more, and this one, I have come to the conclusion that this one is more formal. I still think it can be pulled off casually. Ages 25+ and I think it errs on the masculine side due to the strong leathery vibe, but a female could certainly pull this off.

Overall Impression

I wasn't a huge fan of this one at first. I liked it, but I didn't love it. The more I wear it, the more it draws me in. I still don't love it, but I am coming around to it more each day. It confused me at first with how unique it was. It's like an old school fragrance that was turned modern. My nose was pretty confused at first, but after you spend some time sniffing the dry down you will notice that this fragrance has some character. I don't think this one is blind buy worthy, not at all. You certainly want to sample this one first. Give it about a week's worth of wearing before you judge it. It might grow on you like it is with me.


Conclusion

I hope everyone has a great day! Remember to say something positive to someone today! Hit that blue follow button and sign up for email alerts! Every little bit helps! I want to thank all of you for the support. It really does mean a lot!


Buy Luxurious here

Get a free sample from Babylon Fragrances here

Want insider news as to what I am working on? What I am testing? Any giveaways I might hold? Want to decide what topics for me to cover on my blog? Then join the Musings of the Fragheads Facebook group here!

Follow me on Instagram!

No comments:

Post a Comment