Friday, March 22, 2019

FragComm Fridays: Joshua Hoke


Hey, guys and gals! It's time for another FragComm Fridays! This week we have Joshua Hoke, who is a long-standing member of the fragrance community and recently started doing Youtube reviews on a channel named Smells Like... He's an excellent reviewer who breaks down notes better than I do. Be sure to check him out. I will leave a link down below. Now, on to the interview!

1. What is your favorite fragrance?

Creed Aventus (I know, I know, but I haven’t found one I love more)

2. What inspired you to start a Youtube channel?

Watching YouTube reviews is how I got into the hobby. At a certain point, I just started thinking “That looks like fun!”

3. What is your favorite fragrance memory?

I have a few but one that sticks out is how my dad would let me “shave” with a fake razor sometimes next to him while he shaved and then I’d get some of his Eternity to splash on. I’ll just always have good memories with that fragrance because of my dad. 

4. Why did you start collecting fragrances?

I’ve always been kind of a collector. Like if I get into something I REALLY get into it. I tend to go full throttle into everything I do, so when I started enjoying fragrances and learning more about them something in me started really enjoying the process of narrowing down what I want and adding them to the collection. 


5. Have you ever smelled a fragrance that smelled good enough to drink? Even though you obviously wouldn't

Virgin Island Water the first time I smelled it 

6. What is your favorite guilty pleasure fragrance?
Haha, I have a few... I’ll say Invictus Aqua. I love that stuff!

7. What is one fragrance that you adore that most people dislike?

Mugler Alien Man!

8. What is the best and worst thing about the fragrance community in your eyes?

Best is the people. There are some amazing folks in this community and so many really do care about helping others out.

Worst is the way money is changing things, especially on YouTube. Sometimes it feels like I’m watching a commercial (and I am), and I think that’s okay to an extent, but has the potential for being ugly. 

9. What would you like to see the fragrance community become?

There’s a lot of judgmental attitudes I don’t think are necessary. Because it’s all online some people can be really nasty and hurtful and it’s just not necessary or what people should be about. 

10. What historical person would you like to meet and why?

 
I don’t know. I never come up with good answers to this question. Let’s make it fragrance related and say Coco Chanel. I’m reading a book about her right now and she was incredibly interesting and complicated and came from nothing to create an empire. 

11. Who has had the most influence in your life?

My mom and dad, in their own ways for sure but together always have had my back no matter what

12. Have any new plans for your channel that you can tell us about?

I’m just trying to reach 1,000 subs! Haha


Conclusion


 I hope everyone enjoyed this one! Have a great day and remember to always say something positive to someone! Be sure to check out Josh's fragrance reviews and music channel!


Joshua's Youtube Channel

Josh is also a talented musician, check out his music here

Want to learn how to support my work? Click 
here

Want insider news as to what I am working on? What I am testing? Any giveaways I might hold? Want to decide what topics for me to cover on my blog? Then join the Musings of the Fragheads Facebook group here!

Follow me on Instagram!


4 comments: