Thursday, March 14, 2019

Alexandria Fragrances The Irish Gentleman Solid Fragrance Review

Source: www.alexandriafragrances.com
A walk through the Emerald Isles after a fresh and cleansing spring rain. The sun is shining brightly now, but the air is still wet. The recent florals are in full bloom. I am sure they appreciated the generous watering from the clouds. They seem to dance their aromas of joy into the air around me. The smell of fresh and vibrantly green grass assures me that this place is full of life. A slight hint of woodiness from the nearby forests adds to the olfactory sensation to complete an aura of complete classiness. A gentle serenade of complete euphoria. This smells like home.

Hey, folks! I am glad you all stopped by again. Sorry that I haven't been posting as frequently. I have been dealing with some stuff in my life recently. Today, I have another solid fragrance review from Alexandria Fragrances. These solid fragrances are seriously becoming a hit. If you haven't tried any yet, then you certainly should. This one is coming just in time for Saint Patrick's Day. It is nothing other than The Irish Gentleman, the fragrance that was inspired by the legendary Creed Irish Tweed. As you all know, I have an obsession with this fragrance, so you can guess where this is going. Let's get into it!

Disclaimer: I was sent this one for free to review, but my opinions remain my own.

Presentation

The presentation is the standard one for the Alexandria solids. The sticker on the front, ingredients on the back, and so forth. The only difference is that the label is a bright emerald color, which is totally fitting for this one. Remember that the caps screw off counter-clockwise.

Notes

Top
Iris, Lemon Verbena

Mid
Violet Leaf

Base
Ambergris, Sandalwood


The Scent

Opening


This fragrance opens up with a bright blast of lemon verbena. It's like smelling freshly cut grass on a warm summer day. It's pleasant and uplifting. You get a slight hint of the florals, which gives it an aquatic or ozonic(the smell after a rain) type feel.

Dry Down

The lemon verbena tames itself a bit in this stage and mixes well with the ozonic violet leaf. The iris gives in a clean and slightly powdery vibe. This isn't the makeup type of iris. I know many people think of the Dior Homme line when they see Iris, but this is nothing like that. This fragrance is decidedly masculine. The ambergris seems to play a more supporting role here, as it does in most Creed fragrances. The Alexandria one is no different. The sandalwood is light, but it's there and makes this fragrance what it is with its masculine woody qualities. It has the smoothness of GIT captured perfectly, although not 100%. It's a close 95% to me. This fragrance does not smell cheap. It smells very expensive. Although many will mistake it for Cool Water...It is a far cry from that in terms of quality and elegance. This one is far superior and can be picked up for a few bucks more than Cool Water can be at discounters.

Performance

I get around 9 hours on the skin with this one. It projects for around 3 hours before it gets closer to the skin, but it can still be smelled in wafts throughout the day. It leaves a nice sillage trail for most of its life. Like the other solid fragrances that Alexandria carries, this one performs. It lasts longer than GIT does on my skin. I get around 7-8 from GIT.

When to Wear it

Anytime you want to. I wear GIT/GIT clones all year long. However, it is more suited towards the warmer weather, particularly spring. You can wear this casually or formally. It fits any situation. Date nights, business meetings, or drinks with the boys. This fragrance is the most versatile fragrance in my opinion. It does tend to suit more established and well-spoken men though, but a younger guy could certainly wear this one proudly.

Overall Impression

I love it. It's a version of GIT that I can take with me anywhere. I can always be sure to smell like my favorite fragrance without worrying about breaking a glass bottle. It doesn't matter if it gets beat up a bit either...or if I drop it. Plus, I can open the can and smell it at any time for a relaxing sniff of the Emerald Isles. At a price of only 30 bucks, this is a sure winner for me. Although, given its performance, I wouldn't need to take it with me for most things that I could do, but it would be great if you are traveling worldwide by plane. Given that this is also a very inoffensive fragrance.

Conclusion

Thanks for stopping by! Be sure to hit that blue follow button and sign up for email updates for when I post. Have a great day everyone and remember to say something positive to someone today!


Buy The Irish Gentleman

Want to learn how to support my work? Click 
here

Want insider news as to what I am working on? What I am testing? Any giveaways I might hold? Want to decide what topics for me to cover on my blog? Then join the Musings of the Fragheads Facebook group here!

Follow me on Instagram!





No comments:

Post a Comment