Sunday, March 10, 2019

I was Tagged! 4 Fragrances for Life(One for Each Season)

Source: www.pixabay.com

Hey, folks! I am sorry that I haven't posted in the last few days. I had some stuff going on in my life. From here on out, I might only post every other day. I might still post every day on occasion, we will see. Anyway, I was tagged by Daniel San on Youtube(I will link his channel down below) to do this thing that is going around for the fragrance reviewers. It's where you pick 1 fragrance for each season and that is all you can use for the rest of your life. Men, this one was much harder than I thought. The summer one was especially hard, since you folks know I love my citrus freshies. Whoever created this must love bringing about pain and torture to other people...I'm kidding, but this was quite hard. Now, let's get into it! Spring should be no surprise for my viewers, given my love affair with this fragrance.


Spring: Creed Green Irish Tweed
Source: www.fragrantica.com

This one should be no surprise to you folks. It is my all-time favorite fragrance. I only have a decant of it right now because my funds do not allow me to have a full bottle. However, I have Alexandria's Irish Gentleman and Genre's Irish Rainfall that suit me fine. I love both of them, but if I had to only have one, I would choose the real GIT. It's gentlemanly, classy, and versatile. It's effortlessly awesome. It's simple and linear, but it has character.  I struggle with words to describe this fragrance. I know it's called "Green Irish Tweed", but I think this is probably how the fields in Scotland smell after a nice spring rain. As most of you know, I am Scottish blood, so this just smells like home to me. Just a heads up, the Irish and Scots are the same race, Gaelic Celts, but they are different countries.


Summer: Bond No 9 Scent of Peace

Source: www.fragrantica.com

I had a hard time with this one. I wanted to choose AdP Colonia Essenza, but I figured I already had a clean fragrance in GIT, so that would make Colonia Essenza redundant if I could only have 4. Not that they smell alike, but they can serve the same purposes. This one is more casual. It's an inoffensive juniper and pineapple bomb that has monster longevity and projection. It's really is a peaceful fragrance. I love it. My decant is running on fumes and I need to get a full bottle. I prefer this one over similar fragrances like Aventus or Cedrat Boise. They all smell different, but they are in the same vein.


Fall: Penhaligon's LP No 9
Source: www.fragrantica.com
I hyped this one a lot during the colder weather. I think it's a vastly underrated gem. It's not very expensive either(if you get it from discounters). It's a great fall and holiday fragrance with plenty of spicy cloves and cinnamon in it. It smells like Christmas cookies baking to me or mulling spices used for hot cider, minus the apple. It has very good performance and I really do love this one. I still have about 10ml left and I will be getting a full bottle when this one runs out.


Winter: Scentstory 24 Gold


I just recently picked up this one. Well, a few months ago. It was instant love at first sniff. Oud, vanilla, and amber mingled together perfectly. Those are 3 of my favorite notes. This is actually quickly becoming my most complimented fragrance. The second time I wore it I had two unsolicited compliments. Every other time I wear it I get a compliment. That never happens to me. This one is a bargain at its price point. It smells very high quality. I love the whole Middle Eastern take on this one, without it being overly cloying or offensive. This is a comfort fragrance for me. It just warms me up and relaxes me. I love it.


Conclusion

I hope you folks enjoyed my picks! It was hard to do. I almost threw in Alexandria Hafez 1984 and Genre Noble Soul in there, but the ones I picked edged them out by a bit. There are so many great fragrances in my collection. This just made me realize which ones that I really love and which ones I could do without. It was sort of an enlightening experience.

Now, I want to tag a few people to do this. Wi Solano from the channel, Solano. I would also like to tag Kenny Walker, my fellow blogger from the blog, The Fragrance Shark.

I hope everyone has a great day! See you next time! Don't forget to say positive things today! Feel free to follow with the blue follow button or sign up for email updates!


Daniel San's Channel


Solano's Channel


The Fragrance Shark Blog


Want to learn how to support my work? Click here

Want insider news as to what I am working on? What I am testing? Any giveaways I might hold? Want to decide what topics for me to cover on my blog? Then join the Musings of the Fragheads Facebook group here!

Follow me on Instagram!



5 comments:

  1. What a great list I knew you were going to pick GIT for Spring. It rightfully deserves that spot for many people. One of my favs as well and can't go wrong. Thanks for the tag I'm looking forward to the challenge ahead of me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super duper cool picks! Although I don't have any of these, but I know about them. I'm glad you did this my friend. Btw, Sebastian from Smelling great started this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super duper cool picks! Although I don't have any of these, but I know about them. I'm glad you did this my friend. Btw, Sebastian from Smelling great started this. :)

    ReplyDelete