Monday, November 25, 2019

Green Irish Tweed and Tobacco Vanille? Happyland Green Irish Tobacco Review

Source: https://www.happylandfragrances.com/

Hey, folks! I apologize for not posting for almost a week. My nose has been a bit stuffed up off and on, so I didn't feel confident reviewing anything with a malfunctioning sniffer. It seems to have cleared up a bit, so hopefully, it stays that way. I hope everything else is having a fantastic day and you are enjoying this holiday season so far.

Today, I am bringing you a Facebook exclusive(meaning it is only sold on the Happyland Facebook group) from Happyland Studio, Green Irish Tobacco. It's a blend of Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille and Creed Green Irish Tweed. I will admit, that I had no idea how these two would mix. Lord knows I would have never thought of layering them. So, was this a success or something way out there? Let's get into it!

The presentation is the same as the others from Happyland, so I will forego that topic.
 Happyland did send this to me for free to review. It doesn't change my opinion in any way.

Notes

Happyland never listed any official notes, so I will just tell you what I pick up. I know for a fact that there are more notes in this one than Tobacco Vanille and Green Irish Tweed. Also, I tried layering Tobacco Vanille and Green Irish Tweed together and I did not get the same result as I do in Green Irish Tobacco.

Lemon Verbena, Vanilla, Tobacco, Iris, Dried Fruit, and Spicy Notes


The Scent

Opening


Green Irish Tobacco opens up with a bubblegum sweetness, which I find quite strange because neither fragrance has a bubblegum vibe. It's not bad, don't get me wrong. It just threw me off a bit. You get the greenness of the lemon verbena. I don't pick up on its citric properties. I think that is foreshadowed by the tobacco in here, along with the vanilla and dried fruit.


Dry Down

As it dries down the bubblegum sweetness fades a bit. It then morphs into a minty tobacco fragrance. It's not minty like fresh spearmint, but more like a powdered sugar gum with mint sweetness...If that even makes sense. It's strange for me to describe this one. Even though Tobacco Vanille and Green Irish Tweed are two of my favorite fragrances. There is a dash of dry spices in this as well.

My best guess to what I am getting in this is: The iris is powdery and it pairs with the dried fruit accord to create a sweet sugared vibe. The lemon verbena lends its green and citric profile to the tobacco and makes it smell minted. That is my best guess, but I could be totally off on this one.


Performance

Like all Happyland fragrances, this one performs well. The owner, E.J. Wells, actually said he might have made this one too strong. I disagree, but it is very strong. People will smell this coming off you. One spray will fill a room with this fragrance for almost an hour.

On skin, I get around 12 hours of longevity, with 3 of those being arm's length projection. So, like the others in the line, this one is beastly.


When to Wear it

Green Irish Tobacco is a cool weather fragrance. It will work best in the fall, winter, and spring. The tobacco with the sweetness would make this one cloying in the summer, especially given how much it projects.

This fragrance does have a touch of refinement to it, so I would say it would be fitting to wear it with casual clothes or a suit. I just wouldn't rock this one in a tuxedo.

I really don't see a woman wanting to wear this one. Although, I don't think it wouldn't be totally out of place on a female. Wear what you love, but I think it leans masculine.


Overall Impression

I will be honest with you. This isn't my favorite from Happyland. I don't dislike it though. It's just okay to me. It's good enough that I will wear it and enjoy it, but it's not one I see getting a craving to wear.

I will also say that I thought this fragrance was a mess when I first got it. I wore it quite a bit and it grew on me a lot. I mention this because it could still turn into a strong like for me, but only time will tell. Right now, it's just okay and I am not just saying that because I don't think it's not my thing. It's just very different to my nose.

I do appreciate Happyland creating something different outside of "Hey guys, let's mix Aventus or BR540 with everything and see how it sells". There is nothing wrong with that, but it's starting to be done to death at this point.

Keep in mind, I am not huge on blending two fragrances together most of the time. Even though there are some blends that I do enjoy. I still prefer the depth and complexity of a single fragrance.

Oh, I almost forgot. E.J. only made 100 or so bottles of this. I am not sure if he will make any more. So, if you want to check this one out, then I suggest doing it sooner than later.


Conclusion



I appreciate all of you stopping by once again! I am humbled by all of your support and comments on my articles. It keeps me going. Keep smelling amazing and being amazing.

Until next time, be corny and love like there is no tomorrow. Do everything with passion and purpose.


Buy Green Irish Tobacco on the Happyland Facebook Group

I started up a Facebook page for my blog. It would be awesome if you could go give it a like, review, or rating. Feel free to be honest if you think I can improve! Link

Want to learn how to support my work? Click here

Want insider news as to what I am working on? What I am testing? Any giveaways I might hold? Want to decide what topics for me to cover on my blog? Then join the Musings of the Fragheads Facebook group here! I also post every article I write in here, so that might be an easier way for you to see every post I do!

Follow me on Instagram

6 comments:

  1. Very good review John. I love your honesty. I’ve wondered about this one but haven’t decided if I want to pull the trigger. Still think I’ll go for signature first. Keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I like Signature and Homme for the Holidays much more than this release. It's not bad at all though. I just like prefer the others.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I like it, but I guess it's hard to beat Cuir Cafe, Homme for the Holidays, and Signature in my books

      Delete
  3. I wasnt either. It kind of reminded me of marshmallows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, sort of. So you get that powdered sugar vibe too?

      Delete