Monday, November 4, 2019

My Top 10 Alexandria Fragrances for Gentleman

Source: www.pixabay.com

Hey, folks! I hope everyone is having another fantastic day today! A few days ago, I did my top 10 list for gentleman. I intentionally excluded Alexandria fragrances from that list because I wanted to do a list just for them. This list is going to include both modern and classic men's fragrances. A few of them might be clones from my regular list because they are still fitting. Enjoy!


10. Hafez 1984


Main Notes: Tobacco, saffron, guaiac wood, patchouli, and rum

Inspired by: Original creation

Seasons: Fall and winter

For: The outspoken gentleman who loves the finer things in life.


The only reason I put Hafez 1984 at number 10 is that I think it's a bit too strong to fit most gentlemen. Gentlemanly fragrances are normally quite mild, but this one certainly isn't. It projects for a good 10-15 feet and lasts a good 12-14 hours. That is its downfall for this list. It isn't much of a downfall in reality, but for purpose of this list, it is. It smells amazing, like a gentleman should. Fine tobacco, rum, spices, and woodiness make this a masculine and gentlemanly fragrance.


9. Bespoke
Source: www.alexandriafragrances.com


Main Notes: Eucalyptus, gin, pine, and rose

Inspired by: Creed Royal Mayfair

Seasons: Any

For: The classic British gentleman


An underrated fragrance from Alexandria. Bespoke is refreshing gin with clean rose and sweet pine. A true gentleman's fragrance through and through. This one isn't for everyone though. I suggest being 30+ to rock this one. It's certainly different than most offerings today and the opening will turn most people off, but it's a beautiful fragrance for someone with exquisite tastes.


8. Africano

Source: www.alexandriafragrances.com
Main Notes: Musk, vetiver, violet, blackcurrant, and bergamot

Inspired by: Byredo Bal d'Afrique

Seasons: Spring, summer, and fall

For: The modern gentleman who is a bit different and playful


Africano is a musky fragrance that features fruits, florals, and green notes. Clean musk, fruity blackcurrant, bright bergamot, and grassy vetiver are some of the notes you get with this one. It's gentlemanly, sophisticated, and clean. Perfect for those casual outings when you don't have to dress up.

7. Arabian Forest
Source: www.alexandriafragrances.com

Main Notes: Birch, cedar, cloves, and vetiver

Inspired by: Creed Spice and Wood

Seasons: Fall and winter

For: The serious gentleman with a warm heart


Arabian Forest is just what the name of its inspiration is, spices and wood. It's dry, warm, and a bit earthy. I see this as a masculine fragrance, even though it's labeled unisex. This really has a distinct aura of warmth underneath everything else. You have to smell this in the cold weather in order to get a real feel for it.


6. Old Story
Source: www.alexandriafragrances.com

Main Notes: Lavender, geranium, rosemary, and petitgrain

Inspired by: Chanel Platinum Egoiste

Seasons: Any(slightly better in warmer weather)

For: The gentleman who still rocks the classic fit suits


Old Story is a very underrated fragrance from Alexandria. I can list out all of the notes to you and their facets, but I'd rather just tell you this: It smells like Barbasol to me. Which is a good thing. It's powdery, clean, and airy. It's sophisticated without being too pretentious to be out of place in casual clothes. A barbershop style fragrance for the warmer months. A rare treat indeed.


5. Smooth Sailing
Source: www.alexandriafragrances.com

Main Notes: Cedar, amber, floral notes, and ambergris (these aren't official notes, but that is what I get)

Inspired by: Xerjoff 40 Knots

Seasons: Spring, summer, and fall

For: The adventurous gentleman


This one is quite peculiar. What I mean by that is, a lot of the listed notes I don't get. I get a clean and floral fragrance with powdery amber, sweet ambergris, and cedar. To me, it smells like the sun-kissed deck of a boat with a light breeze bringing in a slight salty sweetness in the air and clean white sails. I can see why they named this 40 Knots, but others seem to get something totally different. Either way, this is a clean gentlemanly scent that is criminally underrated.


4. Alexandria Port

Main Notes: Neroli, mandarin, lemon, orange blossom, jasmine, and bergamot

Inspired by: Tom Ford Neroli Portofino

Seasons: Spring and summer

For: The gentleman who lives on the coast of Italy


Alexandria Port is a classic floral citrus fragrance. It has much better performance over the Tom Ford version. Clean orange blossom, lemon, and white florals propel this beautiful fragrance into a safe and easy wear for the warmer months. Like a sunny morning in Italy watching the waves come in, some things never go out of style.


3. Glacier
Source: www.alexandriafragrances.com

Main Notes: Powder, rice, pear, lemon, and grapefruit

Inspired by: Creed Pure White Cologne

Seasons: Spring and summer

For: The gentleman who always wears a crisp white shirt under his suit


Glacier is simply beautiful. Like a crisp spring morning in London with the fog rolling in and a cool breeze gently caressing your senses. It does have a somewhat icy feel to it. Tangy citruses, powdery notes, the greenness of a pear, and the ingenious use of nutty rice. This one is unique, classy, clean, and hardly anyone knows about it. This is a must-have for any gentleman(Be sure to sample first, as always!).


2. The Irish Gentleman

Main Notes: Lemon Verbena, iris, violet, and sandalwood

Inspired by: Creed Green Irish Tweed

Seasons: Any

For: The gentleman who misses the countryside


Green Irish Tweed is still my second favorite fragrance of all-time. This is a stunning recreation of it. Like a stroll in the British countryside with the flowers in bloom and the smell of light rain in the air. Simply a stunning fragrance. Gentleman have been wearing this DNA for years and it's not going to stop any time soon.


1. Highlands
Source: www.alexandriafragrances.com

Main Notes: Lavender, sandalwood, cedar, and bergamot

Inspired by: Creed Bois du Portugal

Seasons: Spring, fall, and winter

For: The humble gentleman who has good taste


I placed GIT above BdP on my normal gentleman's list, so why change it here? Well, this is the most spot-on inspiration Alexandria has created so far(of the 40 I have tried). It's seriously 98% similar. I rarely tell people stuff is over 90% similar, but this one takes the cake. Powdery lavender, creamy sandalwood, spicy cedar, and zesty bergamot give you the complete gentleman's fragrance. Classicly elegant and timelessly in style.


Conclusion

Yes, I know that there are a lot of Creed inspirations on here, but what can I say? Creed is a gentlemanly house. Just remember that a fragrance and clothes don't make you a gentleman. Treating people kindly, respectfully, and being humble is. The true test of a gentleman is when someone insults you and you can rise above it and still respect them. We have far too many playboys in this world. Stand out and be different. Have some class. These fragrances will help you exude that when you already have the rest of the package.

As always, no matter how good I made these fragrances sound to you...Always sample first. Have an amazing day and be kind and uplift people. Be a gentleman!


You can purchase all of these at www.alexandriafragrances.com

I started up a Facebook page for my blog. It would be awesome if you could go give it a like, review, or rating. Feel free to be honest if you think I can improve! Link

Want to learn how to support my work? Click here

Want insider news as to what I am working on? What I am testing? Any giveaways I might hold? Want to decide what topics for me to cover on my blog? Then join the Musings of the Fragheads Facebook group here! I also post every article I write in here, so that might be an easier way for you to see every post I do!

Follow me on Instagram!

2 comments:

  1. Haha! I was right about the 2 I knew you'd pick. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I was right about the 2 I knew you'd pick. :D

    ReplyDelete