Thursday, October 31, 2019

Why Heavy Spraying Doesn't Impact Longevity

Source: www.pixabay.com

Hey folks, I hope everyone is having a good night tonight! Welcome back! This is going to be a short article. A few people have asked me why I say overspraying doesn't impact the longevity of your fragrance. Most people know by now I am not a fan of heavily spraying fragrances.

Now, I am not a scientist. I don't claim to be one. This is solely my opinion from my own personal testing with fragrances and what I have researched. A lot of you will disagree with me. That is totally fine.

So, here are a few of my reasons as to why I don't think it improves longevity.


1. The Science
Looking at those tiny little things we call molecules and telling ourselves that more is better doesn't make sense. A molecule has a lifespan. Adding more molecules of the same lifespan won't change that. You will just smell stronger for the same amount of time.

The molecules will still be impacted by evaporation due to the body's temperature and air moving through them. It's not like pain. It doesn't dry and form layers on your skin.


2. Projection
It is true that if you add more molecules to others, then it will smell stronger, so therefore the projection is increased with more sprays. You also run the risk of melding too many notes together when the ratio is thrown off by spraying it too many times in the same area. So, basically, your fragrance will not smell as you intended it to.


3. The Anosmic Factor
Regardless of how much you smell, your nose will still stop smelling a fragrance after varying amounts of time. Your nose is designed to pick up threats, not to keep smelling stuff it doesn't detect as a threat. So, if that soothing bergamot is not deemed as a threat, your nose will ignore it.

What I am trying to say is that if you spray more, then you do two things...It makes your nose ignore it faster and makes other people's nose ignore it faster as well because it's so strong. I think this is part of why I get twice as many compliments when I spray normally, as opposed to spraying heavily.


Conclusion
I might go more in-depth with this later if people would like it. For now, I will leave as it is. Again, this is my opinion. The science is still out on if spraying heavily works or not, but there are other factors to consider.

Have an amazing night and speak words to uplift people, not bring them down! Until next time, smell great and do great things!


I started up a Facebook page for my blog. It would be awesome if you could go give it a like, review, or rating. Feel free to be honest if you think I can improve! Link

Want to learn how to support my work? Click here

Want insider news as to what I am working on? What I am testing? Any giveaways I might hold? Want to decide what topics for me to cover on my blog? Then join the Musings of the Fragheads Facebook group here! I also post every article I write in here, so that might be an easier way for you to see every post I do!

Follow me on Instagram!

No comments:

Post a Comment