Wednesday, October 23, 2019

My Top 10 Fall Fragrances 2019(No Clones)

Source: www.pixabay.com

Hello, ladies and gentleman. I hope you are all having a wonderful day today. I went to Wal-Mart the other day and they had pumpkin spice stuff, so I took that as a sign that I need to release my first fall list for this year. I will be doing a clone one and a cheapie one a bit later.

Fall is my favorite time of the year. The golden-hued leaves with the feel of a crisp morning with a hot cup of coffee. Not to mention we get to bring out the warmly spiced and heavier fragrances, which are my favorites.

Without further ado, let's get into it!


10. Bvlgari Man in Black



Main Notes: Cardamom, pepper, nutmeg, tobacco, rum, and leather

Occasion: Date nights, casual to formal

Composition: Spicy, dark, and boozy

This was on my list last year and it's still a stunner. It opens with a lot of spices in your face which mellow down after a bit and mold into the dark and slightly pungent tobacco. The rum is also very present, but given that this composition is so spicy, I cannot tell if the rum is actually spiced or not. The leather is more like suede than smooth leather.

It's a great formal or date night fragrance, but I would suggest spraying it a good 30 minutes before leaving. The spices in the opening can be quite harsh at first. At around 40 bucks on Fragrancenet, this is a high-quality fragrance. If you love spicy fragrances and you want something with soem depth. Seek out a sample or decant of this stuff.


9. Burberry London


Main Notes: Tobacco, cinnamon, and leather

Occasion: Date nights, casual wear, and holiday parties

Composition: Dark, spicy, and earthy


Another legendary fragrance that made it back on the list from last year, even though it's in a lower spot. No list would be complete without this quintessential holiday fragrance. Dark and earthy tobacco meet cinnamon and leather in this intoxicating concoction that has serious depth. People have reported that it smells like port wine, a Christmas tree, or wet leaves. I get all three of those are different times. It smells different every time I wear it. The performance isn't the best, but it's decent. If you haven't at least sampled this then you are living under a rock or something.


8. Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille

Source: www.fragrantica.com

Main Notes: Tobacco, vanilla, cacao, dried fruits, and spices

Occasion: Any

Composition: Dark, sweet, and smoky

Tobacco Vanille isn't for everyone. It's a love it or hate it fragrance. I just so happen to love it. Smoky and pungent tobacco mixed with creamy vanilla and sweet dried fruits. Add a few dry spices on top of that with some chocolate and you have Tobacco Vanille. A seductive fragrance to its core. Mysterious, alluring, and charming. This fragrance will get you noticed.


7. Mugler Pure Malt



Main Notes: Whiskey, patchouli, dried fruits, malt, and coffee

Occasion: Date night ot a night out with the boys

Composition: Boozy, sweet, and gourmandy


Pure malt is the final fragrance making it from last year's list. Although it fell a few spots, this is still an amazing creation. You get a potent whiskey accord with a bit of earthiness mixed with a melange of sweet fruity accords and chocolatey patchouli. An olfactory delight and a must-have for boozy fragrance lovers. This one will stand the test of time and still come out on top.


6. Givenchy Gentleman EDP

Source: www.fragrantica.com

Main Notes: Orris, black vanilla, tolu balsam, patchouli, and pepper

Occasion: semi-formal, formal, and date nights

Composition: Sweet, powdery, and rugged


Givenchy Gentleman is my favorite designer release of the past few years. You get that sweet black vanilla mixed with powdery iris(orris root) and woody patchouli. Throw some pepper on there to spice it up and you have a masculine elixir for success. This is for the clean businessman who has a rugged side to him. This is also very popular with the ladies.


5. By Kilian Black Phantom

Source: www.fragrantica.com

Main Notes: Caramel, coffee, rum, and dark chocolate

Occasion: Date night

Composition: Gourmand, sweet, and seductive

Black Phantom is a smooth dark chocolate fragrance with buttery caramel and sweet rum added in. You get a bit of the roasted coffee, but it's not prominent. This fragrance is absolutely perfect for dates. It's like that sinful piece of chocolate that you want so badly, but you are afraid you will gain 5 pounds from eating it. However, in this case that fear is attracting too many compliments because this one is surely going to get those.


4. Scentstory 24 Gold



Main Notes: Amber, oud, and sandalwood

Occasion: Any

Composition: Woody, sweet, and spiced

24 Gold is my most complimented fragrance in my collection. It's based on a kalemat(the type of fragrance, not the one specifically from Arabian Oud. Although that one is a kalemat as well). Spiced vanillic amber, creamy vanilla, slightly smoky and woody oud, and dry sandalwood make this middle eastern composition a standout. Especially in an area like mine, where fragrances aren't very big, much less a middle eastern one. This warm and inviting fragrance draws people in to ask you what you are wearing. I always feel confident when I wear this one.


3. Tom Ford Tobacco Oud
Source: www.fragrantica.com

Main Notes: Tobacco, whiskey, spices, oud, and patchouli

Occasion: Any

Composition: Boozy, woody, and sweet


This is another love it or hate it fragrance. It's dark, mysterious, and a bad boy fragrance. Sweet whiskey, sweet tobacco, and smoky oud with a bit of spice. This fragrance is overly masculine. It's labeled as unisex, but I could not see any sort of woman wearing this. This is the dark forbidden fragrance that beckons you into doing things you shouldn't, but it feels so good to embrace it. My sample that a buddy sent me is almost gone and it makes me sad. I might have to pick up a clone of it and see how it is.


2. Happyland Signature

Main Notes: Tobacco, honey, cinnamon, amber, and blueberry

Occasion: casual or date nights

Composition: Spicy, sweet, and gourmand


This fragrance smells somewhat like an apple pie. Sweet tobacco drizzled with golden honey and warm cinnamon sit atop a base of warm and cozy amber with a hint of sweet blueberries. This is fall in a bottle for me. This will be one of my most worn fragrances this fall. I have already worn it twice in the past 2 weeks(which is quite often when you consider I have over 250 fragrances). I just got my hands on Homme for the Holidays from Happyland as well. So far I like it more, but I have only tested it for 2 days, so I was too early to put it on here. I see both of these fragrances being half gone before spring rolls around again.


1. Gallagher Rose All Dae

Source: www.fragrantica.com

Main Notes: Apple crisp, dark rose, brown sugar, stainless steel, honey, and patchouli

Occasion: Date night

Composition: Sweet, succulent, and unique


Rose All Dae...I cannot stop raving about this masterpiece. Honeyed apple and plum with a bit of rose and metallicness to it. Like a special dessert being baked on Thanksgiving in a steel pan...This fragrance just brings about so many olfactory delights in me. Sadly, my sample is almost gone on this one as well. I seriously need a full bottle of this divine juice.


Conclusion
I hope everyone enjoyed this article. I surely had fun talking about these ones because I am a huge fan of darker and sweeter fragrances and this list proves that! I was going to put Zaharoff Signature at number, but I am going to save that one for another list. So, stay tuned for that one!


Remember not to blind buy any of these. Always sample first. Have an amazing day and keep the world smelling great and spread positive vibes. Until next time, take care!


Want to learn how to support my work? Click here

Want insider news as to what I am working on? What I am testing? Any giveaways I might hold? Want to decide what topics for me to cover on my blog? Then join the Musings of the Fragheads Facebook group here! I also post every article I write in here, so that might be an easier way for you to see every post I do!

Follow me on Instagram!


2 comments:

  1. Great fall line up John, we have very similar taste, I have all except the Tom Ford's and the last one, Great job 😁😁😁

    ReplyDelete